Sr Product Manager - Tech, Key
Come join the Amazon Key team and help drive the transformation of our customer access control experience at scale. We are actively seeking a motivated and multi-talented product manager-tech who is passionate about building technical products with a strong emphasis on design, quality, performance and customer satisfaction. The individual will lead product development for one of our B2C product line.
This role is inherently cross-functional - this leader will work closely with engineering, product/program management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, and executive teams to 1) bring products to market, 2) develop and grow business opportunities, and 3) enhance our existing products and features. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the definition, design, development and launch of products that delight customers
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on product strategy and vision
- Work closely and collaboratively with design and product teams from partner organizations
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage backlog prioritization and trade-offs among customer feedback, performance, and operational support load
- Work closely with hardware and software engineering teams to deliver features to market
- Launch products to market by working with Marketing, public relations team, Sales, Finance and Operation teams
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience managing technical products or online services
- Experience in representing and advocating for a variety of critical customers and stakeholders during executive-level prioritization and planning
- Experience in technical product management, program management or engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.