Software Development Manager (Embedded), Ring
As an Embedded Software Development Manager at Ring, you will work with a focused team of engineers and partner teams building and releasing new products and features. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
Key job responsibilities
Working with a team of engineers you will be responsible for;
- key architectural decisions for the firmware and product
- design of new features
- prioritisation of resources
- supporting, developing and mentoring team members
- diving deep into product performance and seeking improvements
- build relationships with other teams to deliver results
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across the team
About the team
The team are responsible for sustaining existing products that neighbors enjoy, adding new features and improving customer experience. The team are also responsible for developing new devices and ensuring those devices ship on time, obsessing over the customer experience.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience managing engineers
- Experience designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems
- Experience in engineering
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience leading embedded software teams in a product delivery organization
- Experience writing clear documentation covering leadership briefings, team briefings, design proposals and resourcing and team planning
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).