Sr Systems Dev Engineer, Ring IT
Ring (www.ring.com) is looking for a Sr. Systems Development Engineer focused on Identity & Access Management Security to join our Information Technology team!
This role will support the Ring IT services team in building and maintaining a variety of technology solutions. Areas of responsibility include developing identity governance solutions using AWS services, Python, and Okta; designing IAC-based deployments using Terraform and CloudFormation; managing CI/CD pipelines for COTS and internally-developed services; and engineering high-quality processes for IT Operations and DevOps. Being successful in this role requires a personal drive to automate everything and raise maturity, and an obsession with planning and execution of complex technical projects.
The ideal candidate will have a proven and demonstrable track record of being the lead engineer in driving complex infrastructure projects forward, as well as a rich history of providing support to dozens of internal applications or tools within high-tech companies. You must be an expert in AWS-based cloud services, Identity and SSO. Comfort in acting as a primary liaison for IT to security, legal, and senior leadership groups is price-of-admission.
Key job responsibilities
* Lead architecture and development of an identity governance portal that interacts with AWS, Okta and custom identity/access dataflows
* Lead architecture and development for custom identity governance workflows supporting Okta and other API-driven internal identity tools
* Develop and standardize COTS deployments for Jira, Confluence, Artifactory and other tools using CI/CD and high-availability architecture.
* Interface with internal teams, outside vendors, third party support teams, and various external resources to accomplish the established goals provided by leadership
* Act as product, process, and/or project champion for the improvements identified
* Identify underutilized or redundant resources to reduce wastes in cost or time management
* Always ask “Can we automate this?”
A day in the life
Much of your time will be flexible, allowing you to innovate, envision, develop and implement what YOU think is important. You will write objective-driven documents to help your team, leaders and customers understand your big ideas. You will attend bi-weekly sync up meetings with Ring IT where you’ll discuss open and emerging items on the Kanban board, assign priority and execute. You will lead and collaborate on complex initiatives relating to corporate IAM, cloud automation, policy compliance and operational excellence. You will influence the way Ring automates, uses pipelines, CI/CD, IAC, and AWS to solve complex business problems.
About the team
Ring IT drives security, availability, and continuous improvement for back-office tools that allow Ring to deliver high-quality solutions to its customers with minimal friction. Every employee at Ring is our customer. This role is instrumental in enhancing our ability to scale. We aspire to force multiply by developing tools and workflows that can be leveraged across all engineering teams at Ring.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Irvine, CA, USA
- 3+ years of programming with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby experience
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 4+ years of systems development in an IT or data center environment experience
- 4+ years of deploying and operating in a Linux/Unix environment experience
- Experience leading the design, build and deployment of complex and performant (reliable and scalable) software solutions in production
- 2+ years of systems design, software development, operations, automation, and process improvement experience
- 1+ years of development/programming/scripting language (Python/Java/Bash/Perl) experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software or computing infrastructure that has been successfully delivered to customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.