Software Development Manager, Ring
We are looking for an experienced software development manager to join our team at Ring and oversee a group of incredibly talented front end engineers working on new physical and digital products.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in operating in an ambiguous space with strong project management skills, mentoring and coaching skills, and technical ability with a background in developing applications and infrastructure for the front end. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should have effective engineering leadership and communication skills, and be team oriented. You must excel in navigating cross-functional efforts and working with a variety of engineering and product teams from a variety of disciplines and areas of the business.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage a team of front end engineers and assist in guiding them toward their career goals
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of front end applications through providing input and reviewing work output
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks to allow the team to produce code efficiently and with the fewest amount of unnecessary distraction
- Monitor the health of the applications and work with senior engineers on developing and documenting initiatives to keep code secure, performance-minded, and up-to-date
About the team
Our front-end teams work on a variety of projects to support Professional Monitoring, Ring Alarm, its accessories, and its software product offerings. Working in cross-functional agile teams, the scope of responsibilities spans from supporting new physical devices to a variety of software features to delight our customers across mobile and web experiences.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Malvern, PA, USA
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of working directly within engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 8+ years of leading the definition and development of multi tier web services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.