Senior Software Development Engineer, Ring Device Services
Ring is looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer to join our Cloud Development Team, working on Ring home security systems.
What will you help us create? As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for cutting-edge, large-scale cloud services that will be used by millions of Ring customers worldwide. This position gives you an opportunity to work with world-class engineers and to build cloud systems to support millions of devices. The role will entail working with cloud services for innovative capabilities on Ring security devices and continuing development of Ring infrastructure. You will work with device setup, transfer, linking features, and will solve distributed systems challenges. This position involves design, architecture, development and operations of cloud systems. You will be mentoring and guiding other talented engineers on the team on complex projects.
We are looking for a talented specialist with strong technical background, customer obsession and experience in building distributed systems. Strong judgment and communication skills, long-term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence, are essential for success.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and document distributed systems and microservices,
- Implement robust and maintainable code with clear and maintained documentation,
- Deliver customer value in iterative fashion while working towards longer term systems to solve roadmap goals with increasing efficiency,
- Solve challenging problems and perform root-cause analysis,
- Serve as a technical lead and own projects end-to-end,
- Communicate status and changes to the work they are responsible and accountable for, keep all stakeholders informed of changes and updates to original plan,
- Serve as a technical mentor for other engineers on the team,
- Design test automation on all code implemented through unit testing and integration testing,
- Work with internal and external teams to bring Ring technology to market,
- Maintain and enhance software frameworks for development.
A day in the life
A day in life varies which makes work at Ring challenging and exciting - one day you would design new features, on another you might dive deep into production metrics and analyse customers' experience, and then you can work on a technical proof-of-concept for a new solution being designed.
About the team
You will join a newly formed Europe based team which is a really rare opportunity for you to be there from its early times and impact its shape!
With your peers you will work on distributed cloud systems (predominantly in Java and Go), as well as undertaking feasibility studies to design cloud software solutions. You will drive key aspects of product definition, execution, tests, as well own deployment, operation and scaling of our always-on distributed systems that serve Ring customers worldwide.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Madrid, M, ESP
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- Experience leading the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in development in the last 3 years
- Experience leading and influencing your team or organization
- Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, software architectures, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operational excellence
- Full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.