Senior Product Manager - Technical, Ring
We are looking for technical product leaders who want to build high-quality products and help scale up big business segment in the security space. If you are looking to gain experience working on delivering a strategic new vision, working with software, hardware and device partners, this job is for you!
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the development and execution of a bold customer-focused product strategy and vision for the next generation of devices
- Lead initiatives in various stages of the lifecycle - from ideation to development to launch
- Define creative, high quality, long term product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational load
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Drive product launches in partnership with Engineering, Operations, Business Development, Go to Market, PR, and other teams
- Create buy-in for the product vision and strategy with leadership and internal partners
- Drive decisions across cross-functional teams that include engineering, UX and commercial teams
A day in the life
While each day may differ a bit, you will always learn something new, innovate and delight our customers, and grow. You will be the primary advocate of our customers and define the best possible experience for them, while also adding business value. This could mean defining a product vision, writing PRFAQ documents, partnering with engineering to determine the best way to deliver value to customers, or identifying ways to delight our customers by addressing customer feedback. You will work with our internal partners (e.g. engineering) to make product decisions, and with our external partners (hardware, go to market, etc) to launch products.
About the team
Since 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell to the award-winning Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro systems, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offers users affordable, innovative security options for the home and neighborhood. No matter what customers are looking for, Ring has a variety of devices, services, and features to meet a wide range of security needs.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Denver, CO, USA | Hawthorne, CA, USA | Irvine, CA, USA | Las Vegas, NV, USA | Malvern, PA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience managing technical products or online services
- Experience in representing and advocating for a variety of critical customers and stakeholders during executive-level prioritization and planning
- Experience in using analytical tools, such as Tableau, Qlikview, QuickSight
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.