Sr Software Development Engineer, Ring
We are looking for an experienced full stack developer to join our team at Ring and hold a senior engineering leadership role.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in operating in an ambiguous space with strong technical ability, project management skills, and background in building products and APIs from the ground up. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should be innovative, have effective engineering leadership and communication skills, and be team oriented. You must excel in navigating cross-functional efforts and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into highly scalable, simple products that our customers will love. Through CI/CD we own our tools and have the ability to drive change through the entire lifecycle.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and implement web application infrastructure utilized by Ring web teams
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications through architectural input and mentoring peers
- Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
About the team
The Ring web platform team owns the infrastructure of the CI/CD environments that Ring's websites leverage. The team is responsible for the managing the infrastructure with performance, security, and maintainability in mind. The team is also responsible for collaborating with the front end web teams to provide and review recommendations on the technology choices made to build Ring web.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Malvern, PA, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.