Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates in Gdansk, Warsaw Poland.
As a Data Engineer at Ring AI Data Management, you will be working in one of the largest and complex data warehouse environments. You will lead the design and implementation of the architecture of DW solutions for the Enterprise using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, and Cloud). You will apply daily your experience in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets.
Key job responsibilities
Work with engineering and business stakeholders to understand data requirements
- Lead the design, model, and implementation of large, evolving, structured and unstructured datasets
- Evaluate and implement efficient distributed storage and query techniques
- Interact and integrate with internal and external teams and systems to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of sources
- Implement robust and maintainable code with clear and maintained documentation
- Implement test automation on code implemented through unit testing and integration testing
A day in the life
The successful candidate will be on the lookout for ways to optimize the information flow process,
stay on top of latest trends in data warehousing and be able to coordinate and work on multiple,
About the team
he Ring AI Data Management team owns tools and services for Ring's growing ML-based R&D needs. The portfolio of services managed by the team comprises centralized R&D data ingestion, aggregation and building standardized data models for the performance management. We collaborate in teams dedicated to customer needs, and the services powering them. We lean towards bias for action and quick decision making.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Gdansk, POL | Warsaw, POL
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
* 5+ years industry experience
* Experience in data modelling, data warehousing and building ETL pipelines
* Data Warehousing Experience with Redshift, Teradata, etc.
* Experience with Big Data Technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.)
* Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
* Experience with AWS, including Redshift, S3, RDS, Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Athena
* Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Scala, Java etc.)
* 5+ years of designing ETL/ELT workflows and proficiency in scripting (writing complex SQL with PostgreSQL, Redshift or other RDB)
* 3+ years of data modelling experience and data warehouse technical architectures, reporting/analytic tools
* Proficient in handling big data volumes, composition of advanced SQL and query performance tuning skills
* Experience with workflow management platforms for data engineering pipelines (ex. Apache Airflow) is a plus
* Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
* Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
* A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment