Business Intelligence Engineer, Ring Operations BI
The Ring Business Intelligence Team aims to provide analytics and reporting at an enterprise level to help reduce operational costs and drive profitable growth.
The primary role for the Business Intelligence Engineer is to provide technical and business expertise in integrating data from a variety of source systems and presenting it through an array of self-service applications. The BI Engineer will support all development efforts as well as the creation of interactive dashboards and data visualizations that are widely used throughout the organization.
Additionally, the BI Engineer will be instrumental in the creation of a reliable and scalable infrastructure for ongoing reporting and analytics.
Key job responsibilities
- Analyze large data sets using a variety of database query and visualization tools
- Create end-to-end source of truth data assets in the enterprise data warehouse
- Work directly with key stakeholders to document and translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Produce and present daily, weekly and monthly operational focused executive reporting
- Design and develop key performance metrics and indicators
- Deliver analytical solutions that are correct, stable, maintainable, and performant
- Perform ad hoc analysis to quickly solve time sensitive operational issues and business cases
- Develop an in-depth understanding and interpretation of all data contained within the various data warehouses
- Clearly communicate any potential data discrepancies and/or reporting downtime, including specific root cause, steps to resolution, and resolution date to a large end-user base
- Provide technical expertise in extracting, integrating, and analyzing critical data
- Architect technical solutions for new and existing reporting processes based on technical requirements, including table/view/package/ETL and report design across multiple source systems
- Ensure technical solutions are scalable and easily adaptable to change
About the team
The Ring Operations Business Intelligence Team is responsible for creating a common source of actionable and repeatable datasets, reporting, and insights that empower stakeholders to make informed critical decisions, leading to the improvement of our neighbor experience, call center performance, reduction of operational costs, and increased profitable growth.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Malvern, PA, USA
- 4+ years of analyzing and interpreting data with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc. experience
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with data modeling, warehousing and building ETL pipelines
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Experience developing and presenting recommendations of new metrics allowing better understanding of the performance of the business
- Experience working as a BIE in a technology company
- Proven ability to work directly with key stakeholders to gather and interpret functional requirements
- Experience with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift
- Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Detailed knowledge of Operational-related KPIs and analyses a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.