Chief of Staff
The Chief of Staff will assist an executive leader in the day-to-day management of business and operations, helping him/her be more efficient and effective. The candidate must strive in a dynamic, fast paced environment while balancing a mix of program, operational, and strategic responsibilities. The Chief of Staff will play an important role in the business planning process and will have exposure to senior leadership at Ring. It is very important the Chief of Staff engage and work well across all functional areas and divisions in Ring.
The ideal candidate will have proven executive level communication skills. He/she must be organized, detail-oriented, have a knack for problem solving and enjoy helping others. In addition, this candidate must uphold a high standard of integrity and discretion and tactfully handle high-level confidential matters.
Key job responsibilities
- Drive the cadence and content for business, operational, and strategic reviews.
- Monitor and facilitate progress of executive goals and targets.
- Work with other business units and influence strategic directions
- Identify and prioritize the working list of cross group collaboration opportunities.
- Drive special projects or strategic projects.
- Performs additional responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- Work with leaders and stakeholders to drive project execution and deliver on agreed-to project requirements.
- Identify efficiency opportunities and drive associated initiatives to improve performance and success of the organization.
- Engage with finance and operations to help make data-driven decisions.
- Assist leaders in the annual planning process, headcount allocation, and portfolio management.
- Hold executive accountable for action items they need to drive forward
- Set and drive regular cadence of communications to various stakeholders including internal team members and external audiences.
- Responsible for communications of key initiative across staff leaders.
- Facilitate discussions in areas related to program directions, strategic discussions, and conflicts
- Drive staff meeting agendas and manage follow-up actions
- Manage agendas/topics for staff meetings, strategic off-sites, and other important reviews
- Prepare updates and business reviews with executive leaders.
A day in the life
A successful Chief of Staff will make the executive's role more efficient and scalable, will effectively intermediate between the executive and their direct reports, and will work with other leaders to drive the business forward. The Chief of Staff will obtain deep knowledge and expertise in large scale business and technical operations, and is expected to develop a broad understanding of business and operations across Ring.
About the team
At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 8+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience technical product management
- Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements
- Experience in project management methodologies, business analysis, or process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $279,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.