Quality Assurance Manager
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit (http://www.ring.com/). With Ring, you’re always home.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager with a development and/or QA background to direct the activities of a growing team. You should be passionate about building IOT products and applying the QA process to embedded software developments. You should understand the importance of continuous quality improvement; be able to drive a high-level strategy, and take a hands-on approach to implementing this strategy while leading a dedicated team.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
· 5+ years of experience managing a software QA team with direct reports
· BS / MS in Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years of overall experience in software engineering or quality assurance
· Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems
· Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented QA engineers
· Excellent communications, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proven track record of completing projects to specifications while dealing with challenges such as cross-team dependencies, changing schedules, and constantly evolving requirements.
· 5+ years of experience with Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
· Familiarity with automation frameworks (especially using Python and Java)
· Demonstrate expertise in black box and white box testing methodologies
· Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.