Software Development Manager, Ring
Are you passionate about taking responsibility for operating and engineering systems on a massive scale, and willing to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing? Do you want to accelerate your career by leading the development and launch of core product features, which will impact millions of Ring customers around the world? Are you passionate about agile and have a proven delivery track record?
Come join us, we are looking for a Software Development Manager who will be building innovative, mission critical cloud based systems!
A successful Software Development Manager should be highly autonomous with strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze quantitatively, effectively prioritize deliverables and make data-driven decisions. This is an exceptional opportunity to join Ring’s engineering organization and drive the growth of your team and the products you will be owning.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
· Has strong foundation in professional software development techniques
· Has experience working with large scale cloud systems, with understanding how to architect and build them
· Manages a team of engineers
· Promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and delivers high quality work.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with a solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals
· 10+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
· Deep understanding of software development in a team and a track record of shipping quality software on time
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and remote teams, both technical and non-technical · Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.