iOS Software Development Engineer, Ring
Ring is looking for an experienced iOS Software Development Engineer to join our growing Cloud Development Team. Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and we are seeking iOS Software Development Engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
As an iOS Software Development Engineer at Ring, you will be responsible for cutting-edge large-scale cloud services that will be used by millions of Ring customers. This position gives you the opportunity to work with world class engineers and to build cloud systems to support millions of devices. The role will entail development of new cloud services for innovative new capabilities on Ring security devices and continuing development of the Ring infrastructure within the larger Amazon ecosystem. You will work with streaming video, event handling, large scale deployments and high-performance computing, as well as solve distributed systems problems. This position involves design, architecture, development and operations of large-scale cloud systems.
We are looking for a talented iOS Software Development Engineer with a strong technical background, customer obsession, and extensive experience building distributed systems. Strong judgment and communication skills, long-term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for success.
Key job responsibilities
• Design and document distributed systems and microservices.
• Implement robust and maintainable code with clear and maintained documentation.
• Deliver customer value in iterative fashion while working towards longer term systems to solve roadmap goals with increasing efficiency.
• Communicate status and changes to the work they are responsible and accountable for, keep all stakeholders informed of changes and updates to original plan.
• Implement test automation on all code implemented through unit testing and integration testing.
• Working with internal and external teams to bring Ring technology to market
• Maintenance and enhancement of software frameworks for development
A day in the life
This role provides a unique opportunity to be a key part in shaping the core of Ring's offerings to our customers. You will work across teams to prototype ideas and solve complex problems, and raise the bar of our applications by advocating and driving software best practices, automating tasks and identifying pitfalls. As part of the team, you will continue to learn and become an expert in challenging fields. You will have the opportunity to contribute your creative ideas and energy, working with world-class experts, distributed cloud systems and home security devices.
About the team
Working on exciting new features and fully owning a core aspect of multiple apps, our team is always looking to learn and innovate. We frequently collaborate with cloud, firmware and other mobile teams to solve problems, come up with solutions and delight our customers. We are data driven, value and promote ownership, working backwards from our customers to bring them an innovative and seamless home security experience.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Development experience in Swift and Objective C environments
- Experience with iOS frameworks
- Apple platform development experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Experience designing and developing iOS applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with Reactive programming frameworks such as ReactiveSwift
- and Rx
- Experience optimising apps for performance using tools such as
- Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
- Experience with deployments to the Experience with REST architecture for web services
- Knowledge of video streaming technologies (H.264/WebRTC/SDP/SIP/RTP)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).