Software Development Manager, Amazon Key Team
Amazon Key integrates with smart home devices to enable Amazon to securely deliver into customers’ garages. We continue to innovate and delight our rapidly growing customer base. We consistently work on high profile projects and seek talented individuals motivated by an opportunity to make an impact, work on challenging technical problems, and learn in the process.
Specifically, we are looking for passionate, Software Development Manager who has experience
in checkout and delivery services to help drive this mission. The individual will work with partner team to deliver solutions for expanding our in-garage deliveries.
Key job responsibilities
- Own the overall systems development life cycle
- Work closely with engineers, QA, product managers and designers to architect and develop new features and services, from conception to launch
- Manage the day-to-day activities of engineering teams within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Help to improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work with extraordinary talent, and have the opportunity to grow the team both in size and quality
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to technical and business stakeholders
A day in the life
You will have an opportunity to contribute your creative ideas and energy to our group! If you join our team, you will be working on difficult problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver. You will learn about real-time adaptive transportation solutions, develop pre-order and post order solutions for garage deliveries, design solutions to operate on a large scale and work on cutting edge technologies. You will mentor software engineers to deliver features that improve customer experience with in-garage deliveries.
About the team
Key by Amazon enables customers to manage secure access to their garage for a variety of use cases. Customers can manage their access points (APs) that may consist of several devices (e.g. garage, camera, alarm, etc.) and enable deliveries for Amazon retail,
Fresh and Whole Foods. In addition, customers may unlock/lock their in-home APs, view corresponding entry videos, grant access to guests (e.g. friends, family members, baby sitters, cleaners, etc.) and share AP with other Amazon customers.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Minneapolis, MN, USA
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of working directly within engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 8+ years of leading the definition and development of multi tier web services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.