Software Development Engineer, Ring Cloud CV
You will join a fast paced team that builds global-scale always-on Ring cloud services leveraging computer vision (CV) technologies to serve millions of users. You will be working on technologies that are both very innovative and critical for Ring mission - make neighbourhoods safer.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer you will work with experienced cross-disciplinary team on cloud software for consumer electronics products. You will drive key aspects of product definition, design, development, deployment, scaling and operations at truly global scale.
You will be successful in this role if you:
• enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teams,
• are committed, take ownership and drive tasks to their completion,
• are comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership,
• are passionate about designing and building highly available, resilient and scalable large-scale cloud services,
• enjoy solving problems and like technological challenges - you will learn a lot.
A day in the life
A day in life varies which makes work at Ring challenging and exciting - one day you would design new features, on another you might dive deep into production metrics and analyze customers' experience, and then you can work on a technical proof-of-concept for a new solution being designed.
As a Software Development Engineer at Ring you will be responsible for designing features from scratch, taking full ownership from an idea to production deployment including development, testing, infrastructure setup, deployment, maintenance, monitoring and further tweaking.
About the team
You will join a newly formed team which is a really rare opportunity for you to be there from its early times and impact its shape!
With your peers you will work on distributed cloud systems (predominantly in Java and Python), as well as undertaking feasibility studies to design cloud software solutions. You will drive key aspects of product definition, execution, tests, as well own deployment, operation and scaling of our always-on distributed systems that serve Ring customers worldwide.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Gdansk, POL | Krakow, POL | Warsaw, POL
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent science,
- hands on experience in developing quality cloud applications and systems.
- long-term architectural thinking and understanding of microservices and distributed application architectures,
- hands on experience in developing quality applications in Java and/or Python and/or Golang,
- analytical mindset and great problem-solving skills,
- experience with cloud technologies, ideally with core AWS offerings such as ECS, SNS, SQS, EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3,
- commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results,
- curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.