Senior Systems Dev Engineer, Ring
As Senior Systems Development Engineer, you will be responsible for defining, building and supporting the system design, architecture, and software for Ring IoT products. As a member of our team, you will be interacting closely with the business and cross-functional engineering teams across different organizations to gather engineering requirements, design and implement new features. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software & systems development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm.
Key job responsibilities
- Dive deep and take ownership for critical design issues involving algorithm, hardware/firmware interfaces, IoT interfaces, overall system performance, etc.
- Participate in design reviews for complex embedded systems, simulations, algorithms and software development
- Influence and partner to develop the technical strategies for overall system designs
- Solve problems using the most appropriate combination of hardware, software, systems design, architecture, process, or operations.
- Lead reviews of architecture, design, operations, process, or post-incident analysis for your team. Actively participate in reviews of systems owned by partner teams.
- Define and/or refine system requirements, participate in the development and delivery of Interoperability-related features such as system health monitoring, diagnostics, repair, and other self-healing automation.
- Develop embedded software in C/C++
A day in the life
Your work is very hands-on and multi-disciplinary. You will be working closely with vendors, engineers, and product teams. You write documents, carry out experiments, demonstrate proof-of-concepts, build prototypes, and ship sophisticated systems.
About the team
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods. Ring is committed to offering smart security solutions that are dependable and reliable. You will be part of a fast-paced team that is passionate about delivering innovative solutions to complex problems.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 3+ years of programming with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby experience
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 4+ years of systems development in an IT or data center environment experience
- 4+ years of deploying and operating in a Linux/Unix environment experience
- 2+ years of systems design, software development, operations, automation, and process improvement experience
- Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Experience leading the design, build and deployment of complex and performant (reliable and scalable) software solutions in production
- 1+ years of development/programming/scripting language (Python/Java/Bash/Perl) experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software or computing infrastructure that has been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in mentoring, leading, or managing more junior engineers
- Experience writing technical documents, project plans and progress reports to leadership and to stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.