Embedded Software Dev Engineer, Blink Embedded Software
Do you have what it takes to keep our cameras running for two years on two AA batteries?
Blink is looking to grow our firmware team with talented embedded software development engineers. Our products need to be easy to use and run on minimal power.
Seeing is knowing. At Blink, we make it easy to use cameras that show you what is going on. Come be a part of it!
Key job responsibilities
- Lead team of 3-5 engineers
- Develop software as part of the team
- Own firmware on project from concept to launch
- Interact with Blink teams including marketing, quality assurance, and customer support
- Interact with Amazon teams from around the globe
- Mentor junior firmware engineers
A day in the life
In this role, you will lead the firmware effort bringing new consumer products to market. You will interact with teams both within Blink and across the rest of Amazon. Most importantly, you will focus on ways to make the best products for our customers.
About the team
Blink is a team of builders that proudly develops connected consumer products completely in house using a fast paced and efficient process. Acquired by Amazon, we love seeing Blink on the amazon.com home page, in retail stores, and in the homes of millions of users. We combine our startup culture with the resources and scale of Amazon to create a vibrant, fun, and rewarding place to work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 2+ years of embedded firmware development experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.