Software Development Manager, Ring
Ring is looking for a Software Development Manager to join our growing Customer Support team. The Customer Support team is critical in helping us support our customers by improving the tools used to serve customers before, during and after they engage with our Customer support agents. We're open to hiring this person to sit in Madrid, Spain location
Key job responsibilities
- Design, create, and update functionality for the tools, systems, software, and sites that support our CS team.
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience on platforms used by CS and customers, as well as increase efficiency and informational flow.
- Engage internal teams (CS, Engineering, QA, Product, Marketing, HR, etc.) and external stakeholders for implementing features.
- Strong people skills and problem solving drive
A day in the life
The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, goal-oriented, and excited to support other internal team members. You take ownership of your work and are passionate about software quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, and security.
You will own the maintenance, design, development, and delivery of multiple tools and cloud services that support our customer support team and engineers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to customer service tools on a growing team.
You will lead, develop and manage one of our leading teams within the Customer Support org.
To manage such a product, the ideal candidate must have a strong technical background in software engineering, be able to earn trust with and develop an existing highly-skilled development team, and comfortable in communicating with various stakeholders at different levels. The role will require interaction and collaboration across multiple Ring organizations.
As the leader of the team, you will also be responsible for setting a high operational bar; driving high availability and scalability of your service; and hiring and developing the best engineers to deliver features that delight our customers. You will have significant leadership responsibility to define the team’s vision and goals, engage closely with stakeholders, product partners and customers, and manage delivery of short, medium and long-term plans.
About the team
About Ring Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Madrid, M, ESP
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience managing engineers
- Experience partnering with product and program management teams
- Experience in engineering
- Software Engineering team mgmt. experience
- Industry experience as a software engineer
- Experience leading the definition and development of multi-tier web services experience.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.