Hardware Validation Engineer
Ring is a leader in developing security products, such as Video Doorbells, Spotlights and Cameras. Our Product Integrity team aims to develop reliable and robust products that delight our customers.
Ring is seeking a Hardware Validation Engineer who will play a crucial role, ensure our products meet the highest standards of quality, reliability, and performance.
Key job responsibilities
* Develop and implement detailed validation plans tailored to specific hardware designs
* Collaborate with design and production teams to understand and test against product requirements
* Analyze and interpret data from validation tests, offering insights and recommendations
* Experienced in testing automation
* Document validation processes, findings, and insights in a structured and clear manner
* Maintain, calibrate, and oversee the use of validation equipment to guarantee consistent results
* Work cross-functionally to troubleshoot and address any hardware issues identified during validation
A day in the life
As a hardware validation engineer, your main job is to make sure our products are the best for our customers. You will set up and run test on the hardware products to make sure everything works just right. When you look at the test results, you can figure out what we can do better. You also need to write/log down all your findings clearly, every step you take is about making our customers happy and sticking to the top quality we promise.
About the team
We’re a friendly team, always eager to bring new and exciting ideas to the table. Our drive pushed us to always aim higher, we’re not afraid to think outside the box. Though we may have our debates, once we decide on something, we all stand by it firmly, we have backbone, disagree and commit. And we always insist for the highest standard. In our team, every voice matters, and every effort counts
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Ho Chi Minh City, VNM
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
* 5+ years of product engineer, product development engineer, test engineer or test development engineer in a manufacturing environment experience
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Experience with test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscope, multi-meter, etc.
* Experience with programming languages such as Python
* Experience in working with contract manufacturers for final assembly
* Experience in test software design and development for automated functional and system testing
* Experience in collaborating with external vendors for test fixture design and development