Front End Developer
We are seeking an experienced front end and email (CRM) developer, whose primary role will be to assist in HTML development of new and existing customer-facing emails, triggered workflows and automated campaigns, testing and optimizations and QA processes. Proven experience with Braze CRM required, and Sonar strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate has expertise in HTML email development across multiple ESPs, dynamic content and personalization. This role will maintain an ongoing awareness of trends and best practices and have a strong understanding of email testing across multiple devices using Litmus. Must be up to speed with the latest trends in HTML Email development and dark mode. Must be comfortable fixing email rendering issues in Outlook and dark mode.
This role will collaborate with stakeholders across the business to execute and scale email campaigns. They clearly articulate and partner to develop and review requirements across the business. They have the ability to execute while strategically creating process and suggesting data-driven optimizations to support our rapidly growing brand. Proven experience in e-comm industry for established B2C brands and organizations is required.
Key job responsibilities
- Implement quality front-end code across customer-facing emails and websites with an eye toward performance, accessibility, and industry best-practices
- Develop fully responsive CSS/HTML emails and workflows, templates, and website experiences (including automated and triggered flows, as well as personalized and dynamic content)
- Manage highly-visible email programs including gathering requirements, development, testing, programming, reporting, and optimizing
- Partner globally across teams and with leadership to align initiatives with business goals
- Audit technical requirements and align recommendations for new implementation
- Build and execute proper list segmentation and triggers, QA, and project management
- Optimize web and email performance while ensuring spam regulation compliance (CAN-SPAM)
- Execute ongoing analysis and regular reporting to ensure KPIs are being met
- Maintain core marketing tech stack and act as a technical liaison
- Manage amazon.com brand store builds and flips in partnership with Creative and Brand
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Hawthorne, CA, USA | Irvine, CA, USA | Malvern, PA, USA | Mayfield Village, OH, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in programming, development, computer science, or related
- 5+ years experience in email and website marketing for digital marketing, advertising, product management, or similar
- 5+ years experience developing automated and personalized marketing emails, triggered workflows, and websites for high-volume campaigns across devices and browsers including mobile view
- 5+ years of adaptive and responsive coding techniques
- 5+ years A/B testing, audience segmentation, and targeting
- 5+ years of experience working with and managing marketing automation across multiple ESPs, CRMs, and CMSs
- 5+ years experience working with API frameworks
- 5+ years managing websites including coding, creative, and content updates
- 5+ years leveraging analytical tools to dive deep into reporting and apply optimizations
- 5+ years of experience with Figma and basic working knowledge of Photoshop
- Competency in computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Mastery of email best practices and current product marketing trends
- Ability to leverage SQL and/or similar queries to analyze data
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar
- Experience with at least 1 CDP/CDI, CRM migration or implementation
- Experience with scaling technical CRM and marketing automation implementation
- Experience with customer.io, SendGrid, Braze, Sonar preferred
- Experience in complex testing and QA environments
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence others
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $103,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $201,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.