Component Engineer, Global Engineering
We are seeking a talented Component Engineer to join our global product engineering team, supporting NPD initiatives and driving continuous improvement for Ring and Blink products.
Key job responsibilities
• Component selection, creation and maintenance.
• Manage Altium Libraries and Databases.
• Review all requests for new components and assure the parts can meet existing design requirements.
• Evaluate and implement 2nd source parts, including specification check and functional test
• Read and understand electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, and component datasheets.
• Work within the parameters of PLM to coordinate component approval and EOL/Obsolete status.
• Document management: part specification, safety regulatory requirements, Green regulatory requirements, etc.
• Parts quality management: abnormal analysis and solving.
A day in the life
As a Component Engineer, you will assist the engineering and operation teams by specifying alternate sources of ICs and discrete components to ensure continued supply, reduce product cost, and improve product quality. The Component Engineer will assist in maintaining the AVL by creating engineering change orders, assigning part numbers, maintaining part descriptions and managing component library.
About the team
The Global Engineering team is responsible for electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineering activities for all Blink, Ring Alarm, and Ring Smart Lighting products. Our team is made up of talented EEs, RFs, MEs, and test engineers dedicated to delivering exceptional products, quickly and economically.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Taipei, TPE, TWN
• BS in EE or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years in an engineering role.
• Experience in generating symbols and schematics using common electrical CAD programs.
• Experience in electronic component analysis and selection.
• In-depth knowledge of Electronic and Component.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Experience in Altium component creation and management.
• Able to create library elements including schematic symbols and layout symbol geometries.
• Ability to use basic electronic test equipment for effective circuit validation.