Hardware Development Engineer, Global Engineering
We are seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to join our global product engineering team, supporting NPD initiatives and driving continuous improvement for Ring and Blink products.
Key job responsibilities
• Generate schematics, layouts, BOMs, and manufacturing specs.
• Bring-up new designs and plan test flows.
• Assist with debug of manufacturing issues.
• Support second source qualification.
• Review internal/external designs.
• Coordinate internal engineering activities supporting multiple concurrent projects.
• Provide test plans and criteria for design stages (EVT/DVT/PVT/MP).
• Production line assistance, on-site if need.
About the team
The Global Engineering team is responsible for electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineering activities for all Blink, Ring Alarm, and Ring Smart Lighting products. Our team is made up of talented EEs, RFs, MEs, and test engineers dedicated to delivering exceptional products, quickly and economically.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Taipei, TPE, TWN
• BS in EE or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of experience generating schematics using common electrical CAD programs, preferably OrCAD.
• 8+ years of experience designing PCBs, executing part placement, routing traces, understanding electrical issues as related to PCBs and RF design.
• Understanding of mechanical issues as they apply to PCB design, enclosure design, mounting, etc.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Experience executing compliance testing for electronic devices, such as UL, FCC, CE, ESD.
• Experience with Altium and/or OrCAD PCB design software.
• Experience with RF design/testing.
• Experience with camera, IoT, smart home, or lighting products.