HW Eng - Process QE, Blink
Blink is at the forefront of the consumer camera based home security market, and to continue this winning streak. Come help us to design and build the next generations of Blink products that will drive our continued growth and delight our customers.
Blink's Hardware Engineering team is looking for Manufacturing Quality Engineers who are capable of operating in a fast paced, ever changing, multi-platform international manufacturing and production environment. You work closely with our ODMs, CMs, software development teams, and with upstream component vendors to monitor and improve the incoming hardware quality of Blink products. They are also responsible for monitoring, reporting and investigating any early-life product failures. This role requires the engineer to be a technical contact and take on full ownership of manufacturing process issues and be a driving force in understanding root cause of hardware failures and gaps in our suppliers manufacturing processes.
Key job responsibilities
- Generate RMA failure trend analysis and follow-up with appropriate preventative action plans
- Collaborate with new product development team to determine capabilities and possible process failure modes
- Measure, collect, analyze, report and monitor factory failure data using SPC techniques and complex spreadsheets
- Conduct internal and external audits to support internal and supply base process performance and improvements
- Monitor and consume data from FQC, RMA and Customer Recreate teams
- Coordinate quality procedures, instructions, specifications, and standards
- Conduct supplier visits and audits, working on improving the quality metrics of their processes and parts
- Collaborate with engineering and production regarding the engineering changes and specifications, PPAP and FMEA
A day in the life
You will work closely with internal team members, and outside partners to drive key aspects of manufacturing quality. Define metrics and inspection criteria. Lead "tiger teams" to root-cause test station-related failures isolating DUT, setup, implementation, or other. Communicate manufacturing metrics updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives within Blink.
About the team
The Blink HW Dev team is responsible for all hardware aspects of the devices that are being put out under the Blink brand from concept to mass production. We work closely with product marketing and program management to ensure that the final design is up to our high standards.
The team is made up of talented ME's, EE's and test engineers all dedicated to getting things done right, fast and economically.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 3+ years of working in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of working in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Lean and Six sigma, continuous improvement, supplier and product quality.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.