Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell (https://shop.ring.com/pages/doorbell-cameras), to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm (https://shop.ring.com/pages/security-system) system, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com (http://www.ring.com/). With Ring, you’re always home.
We are currently looking for a passionate industrial designer with excellent 2D & 3D visualization skills and strong problem-solving abilities to join our internal design team and lead our product development for future ring hardware. You will deliver design solutions that reflect an understanding of the customer’s needs while balancing the underlying complexity or technical constraints. You will manage projects to successful product launch and market adoption by collaborating with highly motivated cross-functional teams including product planning, engineering, UX/UI, and packaging & graphic design. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, adaptable, flexible, and able to manage multiple projects independently.
Key job responsibilities
· Develop technically viable and compelling design solutions through 2D sketches, 3D CAD models, and quick handmade/3D printed prototypes, and deliver photo-realistic renderings for presentations.
· Collaborate with engineers on front-end designs and DFM/DFA reviews, and achieve best production quality in terms of craftsmanship, cost, and engineering.
· Work with CMF design team on CMF documentation & technical graphics, and deliver a unified vision for the color, materials, and finish design.
· Sync up with other designers, engineers, and program managers across different time zones with an expected early morning and/or evening time online meetings weekly and 2-4 international business trips annually.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Taipei, TPE, TWN
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial Design. · Minimum 6+ years of experience in professional industrial design roles.
· Excellent 2D and 3D visualization skills with attention to details.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to interface with internal design, cross-functional product development teams and suppliers.
· An exceptional design portfolio with successful products in the market.
· Proven ability to create and maintain cross-functional working relationships, communicate design concepts, and to deliver successful designs under tight deadlines.
· A comprehensive set of prototyping skills from quick foam models to fabricating more complex functional learning prototypes.
· A proven track record of collaborating successfully with engineering and product marketing teams to develop designs and bring successful products to market.
· Experience with consumer electronics design and/or camera device design is a plus.