Sr SW Dev Engineer - Test, Blink
Blink is at the forefront of the consumer camera based home security market, and to continue this winning streak. Come help us to design the next generations of Blink products that will drive our continued growth and delight our customers.
The Sr SDET is responsible for the manufacturing test process and infrastructure for all Blink hardware products. Their role starts from early concept prototype builds and continues through sustaining production and reverse logistics while maintaining an infrastructure which touches manufacturing partners through our cloud to our data team. A passion for continuous process improvement is required to continually reduce cycle time and increase test coverage by implementing best practices and using production and field data to make design decisions.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop software ecosystem consisting of physical test controllers, statistical analysis of manufacturing data, cutting-edge security certificate management, and cloud infrastructure
- Manage CM and vendor development
- Define test strategies and implementation, analyze new product testability and deliver test solutions to support the new product introduction process at Blink's manufacturing partner
- Develop, qualify, and execute RF system testing, optical calibration, power testing, ensure production control processes, and data analysis/interpretation
- Automation of test environment
- Compile and analyze production test data using automated data analysis techniques
- Drive factory test quality improvements and test savings through corrective actions by monitoring functional test yield
- Ensure fixture design is aligned to cost, scale, and schedule. Engage with CM for best end to end testing solution
- Introduce test processes, monitor functional test yield and take corrective actions to drive continuous smooth production
- Expand the current C++/Python test software code base for next generation products
- Provide DFx feedback to Blink Hardware and Software/Firmware development teams
A day in the life
You will work with an experienced, cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative ways to produce consumer products in volume. You will work closely with internal team members, and outside partners to drive key aspects of test flow definition, design, execution, and test. Lead DOEs to root-cause test station-related failures isolating DUT, setup, implementation, or other. Communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives within Blink
About the team
The Blink HW Dev team is responsible for all hardware aspects of the devices that are being put out under the Blink brand from concept to mass production. We work closely with product marketing and program management to ensure that the final design is up to our high standards.
The team is made up of talented ME's, EE's and test engineers all dedicated to getting things done right, fast and economically.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- Bachelors Degree with 8+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or other relevant field
- Experience programming in scripting languages, preferably Python
- Familiar experience with Linux, git, and all of the standard UNIX command-line tools
- Master's Degree with 8+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or other relevant field
- Experience in high volume manufacturing consumer electronics with wireless connectivity
- Experience managing external vendors in multiple countries
- Experience with RF and/or Camera products will be a plus
- Demonstrated experience in development or maintenance of manufacturing test or test fixture
- Natural bias towards documentation; use of Confluence and Jira
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.