Senior DevOps Engineer, Blink
If you are an experienced DevOps Engineer with AWS experience and a desire to design, build, and operate systems at a large scale, we want to talk with you. In this role you will be part of the team that’s responsible for the Cloud Services that enable Blink’s products. You’ll be deeply involved in planning and implementing new products and services. Most importantly, you will focus on the best ways to delight our customers.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with Blink and Amazon teams to design, build, monitor, and secure software solutions
- Use the latest AWS technology to manage infrastructure and services in multiple AWS regions around the world
- Design and implement tools for the engineering and customer service teams
- Design and implement solutions to monitor service health, perform log analysis, and automate recovery
- Participate in architecture and code reviews to ensure best practices for design and security
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation. Each engineer is on-call for a week, every eight weeks
About the team
Blink is a team of builders that proudly develops connected consumer products, completely in-house, using fast-paced, efficient processes. Acquired by Amazon, we love seeing Blink on the amazon.com home page, in retail stores, and in the homes of millions of users. We combine our startup culture with the resources and scale of Amazon to create a vibrant, fun, and rewarding place to work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Hawthorne, CA, USA | Las Vegas, NV, USA | Malvern, PA, USA | Mayfield Village, OH, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 6+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 5+ years of deploying and operating in a Linux/Unix environment experience
- 5+ years of development/programming/scripting language (Python/Java/Bash/Perl) experience
- 3+ years AWS experience
- 2+ years writing and debugging Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, TerraForm, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- 2+ years experience with SQL and NoSQL products such as MySQL, Redis, and DynamoDB
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience working with high-availability, distributed systems and services
- Experience leading the design, build and deployment of complex and performant (reliable and scalable) software solutions in production
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.