Software Development Engineer II, Ring
Calling all passionate Software Engineers! Join Ring's extraordinary team and be at the forefront of revolutionising home security technology. We're seeking talented individuals to enhance our popular streaming features, including Live View, and connect customers to their Ring video doorbells and security cameras. If you're ready to make a significant impact by creating fast, reliable, and innovative solutions, read on to learn how you can contribute to our mission of making neighbourhoods safer.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer at Ring, you will:
- Develop Mission-Critical Services: Support and invent key services across the tech stack, focusing on fault tolerance, streaming protocol enhancements, service efficiency optimization, and robust global availability.
- Full-Service Ownership: Take charge of technical solution delivery as part of a global team, making impactful decisions to shape our products and services.
- Drive Global Impact: Contribute to our worldwide customer base, working with high-traffic systems to make a lasting impact on our global service.
- Foster Collaborative Teamwork: Collaborate with talented professionals, tackling challenges together and fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth.
- Innovate with Cutting-Edge Technology: Work with the latest technologies, pushing the boundaries of home security and shaping the industry.
- Join Ring, own critical services, make global impact, collaborate effectively, and innovate with cutting-edge tech.
A day in the life
As a Software Development Engineer at Ring, you will have a vital role in shaping the customer experience by owning and enhancing key components of our central back-end system. This includes expanding protocols, implementing efficient orchestration systems, post-processing events, ensuring error correction for clients, and optimizing global-scale deployments. Our team is customer-centric, constantly striving to deliver a seamless and positive experience by working backwards from the customer's needs. Join us in creating a continuously exceptional user experience at Ring.
About the team
As a team working on core Ring services, we have a good sense of architecture, making sure that features that we deliver are able to be leveraged across a wider set of teams. We’re always looking to learn and innovate, making decisions for our customers. We are owners who generate ideas, follow through on implementation, ensure quality throughout the release process, and focus on the long term.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Experience working with distributed systems or applications
- Working experience with Cloud Computing (such as AWS) and infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of technologies such as WebRTC/SDP/SIP/RTP
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Sharp analytical and troubleshooting abilities
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).