Quality Assurance Engineer - II, Ring HW/SW
Ring HW/SW development Org is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong background in firmware engineering to raise quality bar in embedded systems application. You will be responsible for the quality of Ring core products including doorbell camera, security camera, and other new products. Ideal candidate would be passionate about building and testing IOT products. They have Passion for embedded software quality assurance, backed by a minimum of 4 years of embedded software test/quality assurance experience. They are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in a highly ambiguous but collaborative peer environment.
Key job responsibilities
As a Firmware Test Engineer, you will play a vital role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our firmware that powers Amazon’s innovative smart home solutions. You will collaborate closely with firmware developers, hardware engineers, and quality assurance team members to design, execute, and automate test plans, procedures, and test cases specific to Ring smart home devices. You will strategize, develop, and manage quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications. You will architect, standardized, and execute manual and automated testing methodologies across multiple products/projects that enables high quality deliverables. You will also create detailed test plans and test cases and create quality KPI and take actions to drive the teams to deliver perfect quality products and re-validations.
A day in the life
Joining our team gives you the opportunity to :
• Bring your customer obsession to bear on creating world-class experiences. You'll test functionality, APIs/SDK, scaling, performance, and security, for software and services.
• Work with great developers, PMs, and other QAEs to automate testing, perform manual testing for end-to-end experiences, and provide the team a clear picture of our product's quality.
• Propose improvements to our existing processes and tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality, and efficiency.
About the team
Ring, since its founding in 2013, has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone — while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bangalore, KA, IND
- 4+ years of quality assurance engineering experience
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience scripting or coding
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relative work experience
- 4+ years in software/firmware testing and SW/HW integration,
- 2+ years of embedded firmware testing experience
- Experience in drafting Software and firmware test development and automation for devices Knowledge of databases, SQL, and scripting languages
- Experience in building quality tooling, managing infrastructure and be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Proficiency in, at least, one programming language such as C++, Java, or Python
- Experience in embedded systems application with devices
- Experience Developing and executing comprehensive firmware test plans, test cases, and test procedures for smart home devices
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Experience working closely with development and business teams.