Sr. System Development Engineer , Sidewalk
As Systems Development Engineer, you will be responsible for the system design, architecture of Sidewalk across multiple domain to define large scale wireless network performance data, metrics, tools, and services to gather insights and improve network capacity, availability, and operations. In this role, you will architect and design the services that power network analytics, coverage and operational systems. Your ownership spans across data analytics, ML services, security, AWS IoT, network coverage, network health and operations. You will work closely and cross-functionally with several Amazon teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software & systems development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm.
Key job responsibilities
* Dive deep and take ownership for critical design issues involving algorithm and along with overall system performance.
* Participate in design reviews for complex systems, simulations, algorithms, and software development
* Define and optimize systems and software architecture and implementation
* Optimize existing designs and identify solutions to enhance network coverage and channel capacity
* Define and/or refine system requirements, participate in the development and delivery of features such as system health monitoring, diagnostics, repair, and other self-healing automation.
* Implement key metrics, set system performance KPIs, design debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously monitor and improve on our network solutions
* Model networks using Matlab, Python, C++, NS-3 or similar tools.
About the team
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn’t have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don’t reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Hawthorne, CA, USA | Irvine, CA, USA | Malvern, PA, USA | Mayfield Village, OH, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 4+ years of systems development in an IT or data center environment experience
- 2+ years of systems design, software development, operations, automation, and process improvement experience
- Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Experience leading the design, build and deployment of complex and performant (reliable and scalable) software solutions in production
- 1+ years of development/programming/scripting language (Python/Java/Bash/Perl) experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software or computing infrastructure that has been successfully delivered to customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.