DevOps Engineer III - Ring, Ring Solutions
The Ring team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with strong technical skills, problem solving abilities, deep customer affinity and a strong desire to learn and be curious. We are looking for an individual who has experience working with both engineering and operations teams where solutions to problems may not be obvious given the scale it which we operate.
Key job responsibilities
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS and cloud platforms
- Develop tools to enhance deployment automation and simulate high-scale operations
- Assist leads with initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance
- Support other technical teams in monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform, and responding as needs arise
- Recommend alternative design and platform decisions (not always green-field)
- collaborating with technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skillset
A day in the life
You will be involved in a full stack development team (mobile, web, cloud, hardware, devops, QA, product management) executing our product roadmap. You will also work alongside your fellow DevOps to grow, design, refine, and enhance our infrastructure. As we continue to scale, you will face new challenges and have to discover new means of solving problems. Relevant IoT hardware experience is a plus.
About the team
The team behind Ring Alarm delivers a product that is saving lives. We are passionate about delivering to our customers and supporting one another in that mission.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Malvern, PA, USA
- 5+ years of programming with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby experience
- 5+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 5+ years of systems development in an IT or data center environment experience
- 5+ years of deploying and operating in a Linux/Unix environment experience
- 5+ years of systems design, software development, operations, automation, and process improvement experience
- Experience leading the design, build and deployment of complex and performant (reliable and scalable) software solutions in production
- 3+ years of development/programming/scripting language (Python/Java/Bash/Perl) experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software or computing infrastructure that has been successfully delivered to customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.