Assoc. Creative Director, Copy, Marketing
We are seeking an experienced Content ACD for with a depth of experience in consumer marketing to join the global Blink Marketing team. You will be the primary point person for all Blink messaging copy-related initiatives across channels and markets. This role requires an expert command of grammar and style. You will be the subject matter expert for content related to customer engagement and acquisition campaigns, as well as new product launches and subscriptions initiatives. You will act as the voice of our brand with a deep understanding of the voice of our customers. You will lead our content strategy and the creation of customer-facing messaging.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track-record of creating content strategies and engaging messaging that drive growth. They are creative, data-driven, and passionate about marketing products and brands. They thrive in a high-volume environment working across teams and channels to deliver bar-raising messaging. While you will execute on developing messaging and copy for the brand, you will also help to build the Content Marketing organization within the organization. Team management and development experience is strongly preferred. You work fast with strong attention to detail, write and edit for various audiences and tonality, and manage multiple priorities effectively.
This role can be located in in the following locations: Boston, Los Angeles, Irvine, Hawthorne, Santa Monica, Malvern, Seattle and Austin
A day in the life
Your responsibilities will include writing compelling and engaging content for various marketing channels regarding brand, product, and promotions. You will copyedit cross-functional messaging including product, support, and PR content, overseeing the content development process, and developing a team of copywriters and editors. With expertise in e-commerce and in-house marketing, you will be instrumental in driving household acquisition, revenue growth, promotions, and product marketing efforts across the customer journey from awareness through to retention. You will play a critical role throughout the customer journey from product naming and positioning, packaging and detail page creation, through to brand content, advertising copy for paid media assets, including search and social, email content, and script writing for video production. You will focus on creating content across the Blink business in support of hardware and subscriptions revenue growth. You will also help create mechanisms that help non-writers access and implement accurate messaging across channels and mediums.
About the team
Blink Marketing is dedicated to delivering the best experience for our customers while driving growth for the Blink business. We are committed to upholding our Leadership Principles including learn and be curious, earn trust, deliver results, and of course — customer obsession. We strive to produce best-in-class content, creative, and campaigns across channels and markets. We embrace our differences, seek to raise the bar, and work tirelessly to surprise, delight, and innovate. Blink is one of the fastest growing businesses in Devices.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, or equivalent (will also consider Marketing and Communications)
- An available online portfolio and relevant professional examples
- 5+ years of professional experience in content marketing, writing, and copyediting for a consumer, lifestyle, or device brand
- 5+ years of experience building, executing, and scaling content for cross-functional marketing campaigns
- 5+ years of experience leading copy standards for a high volume of conceptual and production work across functions
- 5+ years experience with Adobe and Office. Experience with CMS and MarTech preferred.
- 5+ years of experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- 5+ years managing copywriters and working with agency partners and vendors
- Impeccable oral and written marketing communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically in an ambiguous environment
- Able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication
- Strong understanding of marketing principles, branding, and positioning strategies
- Digitally and technically savvy with a passion for product positioning and consumer marketing
- A creative mindset with a passion for innovation and staying ahead of industry trends
- Excellent project management, communication, and organizational skills with proven ability to influence
- Proven ability to move easily between generating creative ideas and driving executional process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.