Camera System Engineer
We are looking for Camera System Engineers for Ring product family in the labs and factories. The camera engineer works as part of Ring device engineering team during the product life cycle. In addition, you will be responsible for the camera module HW design , also including analysis and characterization of various camera components, to deliver best image/video performance to products and bring new features and benefits to customers.
Camera system engineer focuses on realizing camera HW designs, delivering tools, frameworks and testing infrastructure to facilitates. It is responsible on image quality management across the device development cycle. The camera system engineer is also responsible on integrating the camera module hardware subsystem design into the device and working with the camera architect to perform design simulations and tolerance analysis reviews in order to deliver and lock down the design. Besides, camera system engineer should be capable to manually investigate IQ issues as well as using objective metrics and specialized tools equipment and works with IQ tuning engineers and color scientists to understand features and technical implementation for camera tuning and how best to represent features through objective or subjective testing. Camera engineer also work with groups and organizations such as product management team, vendor/supplier and manufacturer to understand component usage models and develop test conditions and infrastructure that allows us to more directly simulate user behavior and test suites that approximate real-world environments for various types of products.
- BA/BS degree in Optics, Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive experience in camera systems and camera specification, camera test development, manufacturing process development and implementations for camera system.
- Understanding camera image quality tools, metrics and methods
- Hands-on experience on assessing image quality evaluation for all build phases (EVT/DVT/PVT) for embedded camera systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or relative engineering technical fields.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including test and deployment of camera image systems.
- Knowledge in the domain of camera technology, camera HW design and familiarity with algorithms such as 3A, HDR, etc.
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects.
- Understanding of ISP pipeline and HW/systems architectures
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Experience with imaging testing lab management and test setup design and implementation.
- Experience in full development lifecycle for embedded camera systems
- Experience in image sensor EE schematic, layout is plus
- Experience in camera optic-mechanical design is plus
- Experience in vendor management and manufacturing processes (especially camera, image sensor, optical lens, ALS and IR LED)
- Knowledge of optics simulation tools such as Zemax, Lighttools or ASAP is a big plus.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.