Software Development Engineer - Test Automation, Billing and Subscriptions, Ring
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Billing and Subscriptions team. The Billing and Subscriptions team is critical to growing our services business and helps us support our customers.
The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, goal-oriented, and excited to support other internal team members. You take ownership of your work and are passionate about software quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, and security. You will own the testing, and quality assurance of multiple tools and cloud services that support our billing and subscriptions systems. You will have the opportunity to contribute on a growing team.
Key job responsibilities
• Design, create, and update automated tests for the Billing and Subscription tools, systems, and services used by our customers across Amazon and Ring.
• Design & extend existing automation frameworks to improve development processes and feature validation.
• Build complete test solutions to test performance, load, scalability, usability etc.
• Actively participating in the code review, design discussions, planning, and post-mortem reviews.
About the team
Ring, since its founding in 2013, has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
• Experience in backend automation testing. This must include experience in designing, developing, debugging and executing automation frameworks.
• Expert level knowledge and capability with automated test tools and concepts such as Web Services, REST API testing and automation.
• A deep understanding of multiple forms of software testing: component, regression, functional, stress, performance testing, etc.
• Expert in all aspects of testing strategy, planning, process definition, test data management and defect management.
• Ability to develop test tools and frameworks in scripting and/or object oriented languages. (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.).
• Knowledge of relational & NoSQL database principles.
• Should have expertise in performance and load testing (Jmeter, Gatling, etc).
• Experience with Source control and Continuous Integration.
• Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) will be advantageous.
• Prior experience as a SDET/Test Automation lead strongly preferred.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.