Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Via People Partner you will support the Via employee population in a variety of People Operations functions including but not limited to coaching and developing new managers, managing employment relations, onboarding and off-boarding employees, supporting continuous employee development, implementing new company policies and maintaining internal People Ops systems. Ultimately, you will ensure our People Ops initiatives run smoothly and contribute to a healthy work environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute towards the achievement of the company's strategic and operational objectives by partnering directly with managers to implement effective HR policies for our growing org.
- Proactively assess team, manager, organizational development needs, making thoughtful recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Design and champion strategic people ops initiatives in Anti-Racism, Diversity, & Inclusion (AD&I), Learning & Development (L&D), and Performance Management.
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution.
- Drive with data - analyzing and interpreting various types of reports (ex. compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to client groups.
- Identify and handle employee relations issues quickly and sensitively, exercising good judgment and discretion, and partner with cross-functional stakeholders on Legal when needed.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a people operations function in a fast-paced environment.
- Culture carrier. You lead through positivity and enthusiasm even in the face of difficult challenges. When the going gets tough, you are always the most positive person in the room!
- Have a strong reflex for action. You are proactive, identify gaps in process, and propose solutions with an excitement to own implementation and feedback iteration.
- Showcase a growth mindset and ability to adapt to an ever-changing and growing global organization.
- Deeply empathetic. You naturally build rapport with others, balance individual’s needs with business needs, and are viewed as a go-to resource in employee relations conversations.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll and performance management tools.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with a record of exceptional academic achievement.
Compensation and Benefits
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $85,000-$115,000
Founded in 2012, Via pioneered the TransitTech category by using new technologies to develop public mobility systems — optimizing networks of buses, shuttles, wheelchair accessible vehicles, school buses, autonomous vehicles, and electric vehicles around the globe.
Building the world's most efficient, equitable, and sustainable transportation network for all passengers — including those with limited mobility, those without smartphones, and unbanked populations — Via works with its partners to lower the costs of public transit while providing transportation options that rival the convenience of a personal car while reducing environmental impact.
At the intersection of transportation and technology, Via is a visionary market leader that combines software innovation with sophisticated service design and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves, providing technology in 650 communities and more than 35 countries and counting.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.