Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As an Expansion Intern, you’ll get a broad introduction to entrepreneurship, operations, product, and business development. You will work with our team in Berlin as we launch and scale our services globally. Your impact? Helping Via bring efficient, sustainable, and inclusive tech-supported transportation to a greater number of people around the world.
This is a full-time internship (40 hours/week) for a period of 6 months. The role is hybrid and based in Berlin. Previous work experience is recommended.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the project planning required to set up Via-enabled mobility services for new partners
- Lead testing efforts for our new global launches, providing ongoing support as needed to enable and promote project success
- Ensure that our engineering team is getting the feedback they need to build the best product possible
- Tap Via’s in-house product, operational, and marketing knowledge base to help partners get the most out of our technology, while contributing to our scaling growth
- Work collaboratively with our Berlin team, as well as other Via teammates in Paris, London, Berlin, New York, and Tel Aviv, to test and implement product improvements
Who You Are:
- Fluency in English and French is required; Italian is a big plus
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- Willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types
- Entrepreneurial and a proactive problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Excellent communicator with the ability to adjust to a variety of stakeholders
- Eager and available to travel within Europe for field tests when needed
What We Offer:
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good:
- We are one of 17 Ventures That Embody the U.N.’s 17 Sustainability Goals.
- Inc. Magazine’s “Best in Business” Awardee in the software category for Companies That Put Purpose Before Profit
- Base salary pay: €15/hour, which amounts to:
- €2,300 - 2,400 gross per month, based on a 40-hour week
- A lovely office situated in the heart of Berlin, at Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunities employer.