(Senior) Mobility Consultant
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
We are a software company that powers and operates on-demand transit services. Using the experience from over 10 years of running such systems, we are offering consulting services to local and regional government and public transit agencies.
As a Mobility Consulting Associate Principal at Via, you’ll be on the cutting-edge of the mobility revolution, combining your exceptional analytical skills with Via’s sophisticated transit planning and simulation technology, and building our consulting business in Europe. You’ll collaborate closely with our city and transit agency partners to deliver forward-thinking on-demand transit, multimodal plans for new mobility, and deep-diving studies to design and optimize mobility services around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and execute complex transportation analyses to help communities study and design forward-looking, multimodal transportation and transit systems.
- Solve complex transportation problems by identifying where and how on-demand transit can improve a multimodal network – examples include providing a first/last mile service for a bus or rail line, optimizing coverage in areas with under-performing fixed-route service, or upgrading a paratransit/dial-a-ride service.
- Bring analytical rigor and planning expertise to Via’s business development process by designing customized mobility services for potential partners (from major transit agencies to small cities) based on their geographies, land-use patterns, policy objectives, and budgets.
- Continuously optimize Via’s partners’ services by providing detailed and action-oriented advice about quality of service, productivity, and fixed-route transit integration opportunities; you will help ensure the success of Via’s global deployments.
- Identify new product requirements that would allow Via to better meet the requirements of cities and transit agencies. Work with the Via and Remix technology teams to develop, test, and market the new products to our partners.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience. Experience in planning, client services, or consulting is a plus, but not required.
- Fluent in German and English. Business proficiency in additional European languages is a plus, but not required.
- Passionate about transportation and improving access to (and the quality of) mobility in urban, suburban, and rural communities around the world.
- Able to think critically and innovatively about mobility challenges, data issues, new concepts in transportation technology and how Via’s offering fit best.
- Excited by gathering, analyzing, and presenting findings from a broad range of economic, demographic, and other data.
- Proactive with a strong reflex for action, identifying gaps in process, and proposing solutions with an excitement to own implementation and feedback iteration.
- Exceptional communicator and presenter, with the ability to break down and communicate complex problems to non-subject matter experts.
What We Offer:
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good:
- We are one of 17 Ventures That Embody the U.N.’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Inc. Magazine’s “Best in Business” Awardee in the software category for Companies That Put Purpose Before Profit two years in a row
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- 30 vacation days a year
- Urban Sports Club membership (Berlin office)
- A lovely office situated in the heart of Berlin, on Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.