Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Proposal Writer at Via, you will write compelling, intentional, and data-driven proposals that convey the value of our products to a diverse array of transit networks. You will develop a deep understanding of our potential partners’ transportation challenges and goals, learn Via’s unique technical and operational strengths, and work cross-functionally across the organization to craft compelling narratives of value. As the first step of our strategic sales process, this role affords the opportunity to help drive Via’s growth, and expand transit accessibility, directly through your writing.
What You’ll Do:
- Write, review, proofread, and copy edit comprehensive long-form proposal submissions for potential partners, such as transit agencies, municipalities, schools, etc
- Communicate Via’s ability to address a potential partner’s technical needs in the context of our technology, operational capabilities, and expert team support
- Absorb complex product specifications and distill them into easily-digestible prose for potential partners
- Coordinate with Via’s Partnerships, Expansion, and Finance teams to develop strategies for winning high-stakes, competitive procurements
- Contribute at every stage of procurements: through evaluation of the partner’s request, creation of exceptional proposal content, editing, and submission
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in long-form writing and project management; prior experience with RFPs/RFIs/RFQs/Proposals preferred
- An exceptional writer; your work may have been published, driven business value, or even won awards
- A collaborative project manager; you keep things moving through strong, clear communication
- Ability to complete tasks in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Passionate about urbanism and accessibility; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex project while, at the same time, relating each of them to the big picture in a coherent way
Compensation and Benefits (NYC, CA, CO, WA Only)
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $65,000-$85,000
- We are proud to offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including free medical plans and 401K matching
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.