Field Manager (m/w/d)
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
Together with the Hanover region and the Hanover public transport company, ÜSTRA, we have been operating the "sprinti" for over two years, one of the most successful on-demand public transport projects in Germany with over 40,000 passengers every month. This year, we will expand the sprinti into one of the largest on-demand public transport projects in the world and open up the entire Zone C. Be part of the mobility revolution in rural areas and join our team.
As a Field Manager you will take care of the daily business of our "sprinti" service in Hanover and ensure that our passengers are transported reliably. You will drive continuous improvements and have unique opportunities to help shape the future of passenger transportation in the region.
Note that this role is also posted as "Operations Coordinator".
What You Will Do:
- You are responsible for the day-to-day business and the owner for key operational figures for our on-demand public transport service "sprinti".
- You are the contact person for our driving personnel and our partners on site in Hannover
- You coordinate the deployment of our fleet as well as its maintenance and cleaning and manage corresponding partners
- You will play a major role in the expansion of the sprinti and drive topics such as the establishment of depots and charging infrastructure, recruitment and training of our driving personnel and equipping our vehicles
- You actively contribute your ideas to make the sprinti better and better
Who You Are:
- You enjoy working in a team and have experience in taking responsibility for employees
- You remain calm under stress and always find the right tone, whether in discussions with the management level of our partners or our drivers
- You're data-driven and use metrics to make decisions and set priorities
- You get excited by end-to-end responsibility and want to actively shape the mobility revolution
- Your German language skills are at least C1 level and your English is fluent
- You have a valid drivers license in Germany, class B
What We Offer:
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good
- Salary range: €40,000 to €55,000 a year. Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills.
- 30 vacation days a year
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.