Senior Data Software Engineer
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Senior Data Software Engineer at Via, you will become part of Via’s Data team. You will be responsible for helping enable mass-scale, highly complex and data intensive operational service.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and support robust, scalable solutions to enhance data capabilities
- Own the development cycle e2e – architecture, design, development, QA, deployment and monitoring.
- Build highly scalable, efficient and available data pipelines/solutions, serving our data across the organization and to stakeholders.
- Define standards and development methodologies for the team
- Collaborate with a broad forum of experts and stakeholders, including architects and engineers, to create high quality deliverables
- Increase our analytics capabilities including first, second and third-party data sources
- Monitor data quality, proactively correcting discrepancies ensuring data reliability & accuracy
Who You are:
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Senior Data Engineer
- Have advanced programming skills in Python - Must!
- Experience in executing Big Data solutions and in processing unstructured and structured data into column store DBs
- Experience with Data streaming, Kafka, Airflow, knowledge in the Amazon ecosystem
- Have a solid background working with SQL and data warehousing technologies, such as Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, Google BigQuery etc.
- Have an ability to work in a complex technological environment
- An independent, self-learner who is passionate about data, understands business processes and can translate business needs into data models.
- Great leadership and interpersonal communication skills, passionate for building and motivating teams to reach their potential
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.