Senior Solutions Architect
In the time it takes you to read this job description, roughly 1,380 emergencies will be handled by RapidSOS.
At RapidSOS, we are committed to using technology to build a safer, stronger future and working together to save lives. We’re in an exciting phase of growth, welcoming new members from across the globe to our mission-driven, ambitious, and inclusive team. Our work is founded on our values of trust and safety, pioneering, urgency, and purpose over pride, all of which support a company culture where people can innovate, collaborate, grow, and, above all, make an impact. If that sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
At RapidSOS, we are empowering safer, stronger communities with faster, data-driven emergency response. In partnership with public safety, RapidSOS created the world’s first intelligent safety platform that securely links life-saving data from 500+ million connected devices, apps and sensors and 90+ technology partners directly to RapidSOS Safety Agents, 911, and first responders globally. The platform is used by over 15,000+ first responder agencies and supports 165+ million emergencies each year. When people need help during an unsafe moment or an emergency, their connected device, home or building that is RapidSOS Ready, delivers essential data to the right place, when it matters most.
What this role is about:
RapidSOS is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect that is excited to understand a technical challenge and develop an optimized solution that will contribute to building the life-saving technology that protects 150M+ lives annually. You will play a major role in RapidSOS’s Sales organization and will be instrumental to the technical sales process by helping to lead technical and product sales conversations, present demos during the sales cycle, define the high-level scope of the solution, and guide clients on how to use RapidSOS’s APIs and other products. You’ll excel in this role if you have a solutions mindset, thrive in a highly visible, customer-facing role, and are self-motivated with a low ego.
What you’ll do:
- Own the technical engagement with customers during the pre-sales process by building and presenting product demos to help showcase product functionalities, creating pilot and proof-of concept implementations, and more
- Deliver customized technical presentations and demonstrations to clients and prospects
- Partner with Account Executives to assist in developing account strategies, planning and execution, articulating RapidSOS’s value proposition and vision, and building a relationship with clients as a trusted advisor
- Create documentation and specifications to support technical sales initiatives and prospect presentations
- Translate client requirements into technical solution documents for product and engineering teams
- Identify scope and technical risks, assist in overcoming limitations both internally and externally
- Work cross functionally with the Sales, Engineering, Product and Public Safety teams
- Continuously learn and grow knowledge of RapidSOS’s products and market trends
What we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in an engineering role with at least 3+ of those years in a technical customer-facing role
- Pre-sales experience selling complex API-based products or SaaS products including technical discovery, presenting demos, etc.
- Familiarity with a cloud platform experience (AWS, GCP, Azure) in a SaaS environment
- Ability to deliver a balance between product knowledge, communication skills, collaboration skills, and sales aptitude
- Strong communication skills to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- An understanding and flexibility in working at a high-growth environment where priorities can shift quickly
- Ability to travel 25%-30% of the time
- Experience with scripting and Postman
- Contact Center and Home and/or Commercial Security experience
- Understanding of Telecom, VoIP, VoLTE, LTE, e911 and Public Safety Systems
- Familiarity with the following tech stack or comes from a software development background: Python, React, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
- Preference for applicants in the mid-west or western region of the US
What we offer:
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
- A dynamic, flexible and fun start-up work environment with a highly talented team
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out our full press list!
It's our top priority to offer all of our team members fair and equitable compensation that has been thoroughly researched and benchmarked against market data. The budgeted range starts at $139,000 - $165,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience. This range does not include equity, bonus or commission. #LI-Remote
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Interested in the role but you don’t meet 100% of the requirements? We’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply; we’d be excited to see if your unique skill set and experience could be a match.