Director, Enterprise Sales
In the time it takes you to read this job description, RapidSOS will have handled ~1,380 emergencies.
At RapidSOS, we are committed to using technology to build a safer, stronger future and working together to save lives. We’re in an exciting phase of growth, welcoming new members from across the globe to our mission-driven, ambitious, and inclusive team. Our work is founded on our values of trust and safety, pioneering, urgency, and purpose over pride, all of which support a company culture where people can innovate, collaborate, grow, and, above all, make an impact. If that sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
At RapidSOS, we are empowering safer, stronger communities with faster, data-driven emergency response. In partnership with public safety, RapidSOS created the world’s first intelligent safety platform that securely links life-saving data from 500+ million connected devices, apps and sensors and 90+ technology partners directly to RapidSOS Safety Agents, 911, and first responders globally. The platform is used by over 15,000+ first responder agencies and supports 165+ million emergencies each year. When people need help during an unsafe moment or an emergency, their connected device, home or building that is RapidSOS Ready, delivers essential data to the right place, when it matters most.
What this role is about:
As our Director of Enterprise Sales, you will be responsible for driving new enterprise business by hunting for opportunities, nurturing relationships, and closing deals. You will be responsible for managing the entire sales cycle of our enterprise sized partners. Additionally, you will develop and execute a strategy for each of our partner segments by working cross-functionally with the different teams at RapidSOS. You will excel in this role if you are a creative “out of the box” thinker when it comes to working on challenges, have experience with enterprise and complex deals from end to end, and are mission-driven with a low ego.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect, discover, and research strategic targets who directly communicate with Emergency Services using consumer and business facing applications where data connectivity to or from 9-1-1 could be a core differentiator
- Build strong relationships within the territories assigned to drive trust and unearth new potential opportunities
- Maximize the value of discovery by fully understanding the prospect’s situation in order to create a mutually beneficial partnership and go-to-market strategy
- Work closely with the Implementation team to ensure that hand-off is a smooth transition
- Generate client proposals, action plans, and opportunity strategies that not only help the prospective client understand RapidSOS's capabilities but also identifies potential roadblocks
- Negotiate and agree to the terms, summarize agreements and gain commitment to decide and close the deal
- Collaborate cross-functionally across teams to ensure the prospective client’s technology is viable to Public Safety and within the scope of RapidSOS's offerings
What we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- 10+ years of sales experience with a focus on enterprise sales and track record of sales performance
- You are a self-starter and enjoy solving difficult problems in a collaborative environment
- Alignment with our values: urgency, trust & safety, purpose over pride, and pioneering
- Thrives from direct communication and feedback with the goal of self-improvement and organizational learning and improvement
- Embraces a culture where failure IS an option and who is not afraid to admit failure; fail quickly, take the teaching, and re-iterate
- Passion for technology and technological innovation
- Tech startup experience is a plus
- Ability to travel 60% of the time
What we offer:
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
- A dynamic, flexible and fun start-up work environment with a highly talented team
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out https://rapidsos.com/blog/
Starting pay for a successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include experience, relevant skills, training, education, location, business needs, or market demands. The salary range for this role is $122,000 - $145,000. This role will also be eligible to receive equity options, bonus, and commission.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here: https://rapidsos.com/privacy/california/ #LI-Remote
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Interested in the role but you don’t meet 100% of the requirements? We’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply; we’d be excited to see if your unique skill set and experience could be a match.