Global Financial Controller
We are a technology company that offers outcomes business models. We empower our customers with the right digital infrastructure to deliver greater economic, social, and environmental outcomes for their constituents.
When the company was founded in 2015, we specialized in smart cities technology alone. Today, working with cities and towns; utilities, and public venues, our team of 280+ experts offer a vast array of outcomes business models through technologies like digital advertising, smart lighting, smart traffic, and digitized citizen services.
We pride ourselves on our agility, innovation, and passion to use technology for a higher purpose. Unlike other technology companies, we tailor our offerings (what we can digitize) and the business model (how we partner with our customer to deliver that digitization) to drive measurable impact where our customers need it most. Over the last several months alone, we have served customers to deliver outcomes like increased medical response times to save lives; reduced traffic congestion to keep cities moving and created new revenue streams to tackle societal issues like homelessness.
We are headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts in the United States with offices across Europe, and Asia.
The company has been recognized with the World Economic Forum’s ‘Technology Pioneers’ award in 2019 and CRN’s IoT Innovation Award in 2020.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Co-ordination and Preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Extensive ability to generate MIS and interpret / analyse the financial implications.
- Manage the Finance & Accounts team for Day-to-day operations and closely supervise the books closure and finalization of accounts.
- Manage and review taxation for direct and indirect taxation, including filing monthly GST returns, GST audit and all related activities.
- Finalise Trial balance and statutory P&L, balance sheet, cash flow for monthly reporting at Group level.
- Compliance with local statutory and tax requirements.
- Managing internal and external audits for the group. The role will be responsible to ensure the Company complies with US GAAP, local GAAP; local applicable governmental rules and regulations
- The incumbent will be supported by a small finance team.
- Project Controlling - Project Analysis i.e. Budget Vs. Actual, Provisions review and Cost Control Initiative.
- Research technical accounting issues for US GAAP, IGAAP.
- Co-ordinate month-end and year-end close process of the group companies.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Relationship management with key external parties: internal and external auditors, regulators, bankers etc.
- Analysis of Contractual / Legal implications relating to a Project.
- Monitor compliance with investor (PE) covenants.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- CA with 6- 10 years of experience and 2-4 years' experience as controller role.
- Having prior experience of working with Big4 is preferable.
- Extensive work experience with a foreign-invested enterprise
- Experience of leading 3-5 people team.
- Should have worked with an MNC and understands all the reporting requirements for both India and Global
- Experience working with tax authorities and banks
- Extensive knowledge in regard to withholding tax process as well as transfer pricing aspects
- Experience with a month-end / year-end closing process
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Working capital and cash management
- Experience of collaborating and influencing a multi-disciplinary leadership team.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead through complex change.