Senior Data Scientist- Physics Focus
Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies take ESG action.
Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp rating score 107), Project Canary’s Denver-based team of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and high-fidelity data. Project Canary’s mission is to fight climate change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space.
Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2 out of 5 categories
- Governance (transparency and ethics)
- Workers (treatment of teammates and culture)
- Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come soon!) eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)
- Headcount growth by 6X and growing Revenue growth of 6X and growing Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount.
We are looking for someone who is curious who has a background in Physics or Mechanical Engineering to join our team. If this sounds like you we would love to chat!
- Support the team through development of plume dispersion modeling to resolve complex fluid problems in an open field
- Develop information extraction models to assist in certification through the review of a company's documentation, personnel interviews, and evaluation of well pad design
- Assist the development of white papers for quantification analysis as well as additional technical and professional writing
- Develop and support scientific projects that enhance our understanding of methane emission patterns and opportunities for enhanced methane mitigation from production and distribution of oil and gas globally
- Coordinate and ensure rigor of scientific initiatives collaboratively undertaken with a diverse group of stakeholders including industry, academics, multilateral organizations, and the public sector
- Remain at the forefront of climate science, including staying up to date with scientific literature
- 6+ years' experience working in Data Science/related fields within industry Strong background in Data Analytics Competent in programming languages such as Python, C#,
- At least a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- Experience in performing rigorous analysis with short deadlines in support of highly visible work Demonstrated scientific expertise, including but not limited to a record of scholarly publications and/or involvement in scientific panels
- Experience synthesizing, interpreting, and communicating scientific data in an advocacy setting and for non-scientific populations
- Salary range: $150,000 - $204,000 annual base
- Hybrid work environment (at least 3 days in office)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with low deductibles and premiums paid by company 99% for self and 50% for dependents and/or spouse
- 401K with company match (no vesting period)
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice Monthly Stipend – choice between parking, public transportation, or wellness assistance
- Dog friendly office environment (Denver headquarters only)