Senior IT Support Specialist
Aeris Technologies Inc, a subsidiary of Project Canary, PBC, designs, manufactures, and commercializes the next-generation of laser-based gas analyzers used in a variety of applications such as quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, atmospheric pollutants, and natural gas leaks. Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies take ESG action. Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp rating score 107), Project Canary’s Denver and Hayward-based team of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and high-fidelity data.
Project Canary and Aeris Technologies’ mission is to fight climate change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector and beyond. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2 out of 5 categories (Governance and Workers)
- Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come soon!)
- eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)
- Headcount growth by 6X and growing
- Revenue growth of 6X and growing
Project Canary and Aeris Technologies’ success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
Aeris Technologies Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior IT Support Specialist to join our team in Hayward, CA.
Our Senior IT Support Specialist will need to have a strong background and skillset in a wide range of information technology practices while also being able to provide excellent and friendly customer service to our fast-growing team. Day-to-day tasks include everything from basic IT work to more advanced responsibilities like network and systems administration. This position will require on-site support, but also extensive remote support for all company locations. A willingness to do anything necessary to support the team is a must! Travel is minimal but may be required on occasion.
- Support Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
- Support both on-site and remote users and locations across the country.
- Create and maintain documentation for both our own knowledge base as well as customer facing materials.
- Track and maintain our inventory.
- Monitor dashboards of various platforms to be aware of any issues.
- Handle any tickets that arrive in a timely manner.
- Ownership of your projects and anything that needs to be taken care of.
- New hire onboarding tasks, including device preparation, account creation, IT orientation, constant improvements in the process, and priority support for a smooth transition.
- CompTIA A+ level hardware repair.
- Assist in creating new IT processes for continuous improvement.
- Working with our vendors for warranty support.
- Multimedia and A/V tasks.
- Network support and administration.
- Basic systems administration.
- Collaborating with other departments regularly to ensure we’re continuing to provide excellent service to the company.
- 5+ years of experience in an IT support capacity. A wide range of disciplines is preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of and experience with cloud infrastructures.
- Conflict resolution, communication, and soft skills are a must.
- CompTIA A+ certification.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities – someone who enjoys solving puzzles.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices.
- Basic understanding of A/V solutions.
- Proactive mindset.
- CompTIA Network+, Security+, or similar certifications or equivalent experience.
- Advanced cybersecurity expertise.
- Experience with MDMs such as Microsoft Intune and JAMF.
- Advanced experience with a variety of cloud infrastructures and platforms.
- Background in scripting, programming, or software development.
- HTML and web design.
- Someone who enjoys photo and/or video editing.
Preferred, or nice to have:
- CompTIA Network+, Security+, or similar certifications or equivalent experience
- Advanced cybersecurity expertise
- Experience with MDMs such as Microsoft Intune and JAMF
- Advanced experience with a variety of cloud infrastructures and platforms
- Background in scripting, programming, or software development
- HTML and web design
- Someone who enjoys photo and/or video editing
- Salary range: $100,000 - $115,000 annual base
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with low deductibles and premiums paid by company 99% for self and 50% for dependents and/or spouse
- 401K with company match (no vesting period)
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (ski/snowboard days and more)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays annually
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice Monthly Stipend – choice between parking, transportation, or wellness assistance
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.