Data Scientist-Forecasting (Remote in Greece)
ABOUT POWER FACTORS
Power Factors develops software that accelerates the global energy transition by empowering all renewable energy stakeholders to collaborate, automate critical workflows, and make the best decisions. Power Factors fights climate change with code.
Power Factors has incorporated its four flagship solutions Drive, Greenbyte, BluePoint and Unity to build an integrated suite of open and smart apps. These apps are purpose built for asset management, field service optimization, and performance optimization. Leveraging the domain expertise and machine learning-based advanced analytics within these apps, customers can maximize the value of their renewable assets to stay competitive.
Power Factors’ renewable energy software platform is one of the most extensive and widely deployed solutions in the market with over 200 GW of wind, solar, hydro, and energy storage assets managed worldwide.
Learn more at powerfactors.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Power Factors is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Advanced Analytics and Research team in building and improving our SaaS platform! As a Data Scientist, you will be part of a team of talented colleagues and work at designing and implementing (and testing/monitoring/debugging/refactoring/optimizing) the best platform to manage Clean Energy assets in the industry. You will also be using latest technologies to do so.
Our platforms collect millions of IoT and other data points, cleanses the data, detects occurring issues, identifies leading indicators to predict future issues, and adds advanced analytics and forecasting capability on top of this rich, high value dataset. In addition to issue detection and analytics, our platform adds the toolsets needed to take analytical insights to action such as case management and work order management. Furthermore, Power Factors also has a dedicated team participating in electricity trading markets.
You will play an important role within your team by using professional and personal skills to help achieve goals by either mentoring others, using strategy to maximize delivered value, keeping up with new knowledge and sharing it, while bringing energy and fun and contributing to continuous improvement.
You will be working in Greece with local and international teams (US, Canada, Sweden, Germany, India, Philippines).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Support the Energy Markets team with development of models and products to support their specific business use cases;
- Support in development of Energy and Price forecasting models;
- Support and actively participate in the development of analytics applied to Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
- Understand customer and/or product team needs and use cases and how they can be addressed;
- Using data from Renewable energy sources to develop new data science tools that help the energy producers to increase their performance
- Work in close collaboration with our advanced analytics team of renewable industry experts
- Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business’s interests
- Help build and maintain a culture of quality and excellence
- Be an active part of your team’s continuous improvement effort
- Maintain and grow a good understanding of data science and its application to the renewable industry
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
A successful candidate will enjoy working in a purpose-driven organization and thrives in an environment which requires creative solutions to challenging problems in a fast-changing context. The candidate must also be effective at managing multiple tasks of varying complexities, work well under pressure, and are driven by continuous learning and growth. Specifically, we are looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Data Scientist or in a similar role
- Competent in machine learning principles and techniques
- Demonstrable expertise in forecasting applications
- Proficiency in scientific computation using Python
- Demonstrable history of devising and overseeing data-centered projects.
- Ability to relay insights in layman's terms, such that these can be used to inform business decisions.
- Results oriented with attention to detail.
- Strong desire to try new things and willing to learn with an open mind
WOULD BE AN ASSET
- Domain expertise in the Renewable energy industry and/or Energy markets
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative field
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP), with a preference on AWS.
- Working experience and good understanding of any agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Disciplined Agile)
LIFE @ POWER FACTORS
We are an agile software development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. We are a collective of bold and ingenious talents driven by results. Our team is made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world a better place. We seek fierce and humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan.
WHY JOIN US
- A humble cause with a clear purpose– you will help us fight climate change with </code> every day at work. We aim to be environmentally conscious in all aspects of our operations.
- Work with passionate experts and top-talents in your field– we are proud of our highly skilled crowd and the savviness each of us brings to the team.
- Friendly and uplifting atmosphere– we believe kindness and respectfulness is core for our culture. A friendly smile or a helping hand is never far away.
- Flexible hours and workplace – it is the result that counts, not when or where. Our hybrid/remote work setup allows everyone to set themselves up for success and create a more sustainable work-life balance.
- All the benefits you expect (and more)– besides the basic benefits (adopted to local needs and norms), you will enjoy perks such as 8h of paid volunteering per year and participation in our Corporate Bonus Program (to name a few).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.