Engineer, Linux System/DevOps (Remote in Greece)
ABOUT POWER FACTORS
Power Factors develops software that accelerates the global energy transition by empowering all renewable energy stakeholders to collaborate, automate critical workflows, and make the best decisions. Power Factors fights climate change with code.
Power Factors has incorporated its four flagship solutions Drive, Greenbyte, Unity and BluePoint to build an integrated suite of open and smart apps. These apps are purpose built for asset management, field service optimization, and performance optimization. Leveraging the domain expertise and machine learning-based advanced analytics within these apps, customers can maximize the value of their renewable assets to stay competitive.
Power Factors’ renewable energy software platform is one of the most extensive and widely deployed solutions in the market with nearly 200 GW of wind, solar, hydro, and energy storage assets managed worldwide.
Learn more at powerfactors.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our team ensures that reliability and performance of both internal and externally-visible systems matches users' needs, while facilitating a fast rate of improvement. We use a mix of open source, SaaS and internally developed tools to manage and support our services life cycle (deploy, configure, upgrade, monitor, optimize).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintain live services by monitoring performance indicators such as availability, throughput and latency
- Grow systems by advocating for changes that enhance reliability, performance and serviceability
- Work closely with development teams members to design and deploy new services using a variety of deployment environments including containers on cloud and on-prem kubernetes and packages.
- Work with the development teams on the CI/CD processes
- Perform and automate deployment, maintenance and upgrades across a fleet of servers and devices
- Take part in 24/7 (paid) on-call rotation handling system
- You will be working with technologies like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, SaltStack, Kafka, MQTT, LAMP, GCE, GKE, AWS, and more
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
We believe you enjoy working in a purpose-driven organization and that you thrive in an environment where you need to find creative solutions to challenging problems in a fast-changing context. This also means that you are effective at managing multiple tasks of varying complexities, work well under pressure, and are driven by continuous learning and growth. Specifically, we are looking for someone with the following toolbox:
- 7+ years experience with Linux
- university Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar faculties
- basic understanding of IP networking, you can explain what is the IP and what is a netmask
- experience with virtualization technologies (KVM)
- some experience with DB administration
- strong scripting skils
- some experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python, Go
- experience with some monitoring tools (zabbix, prometheus, datadog, etc)
- familiarity with storage technologies such as RAID, LVM, SAN etc. is a plus
- experience with containers, kubernetes
- experience with cloud environments is a plus
We see it as an extra plus if:
- You have a strong experience using the GNU/Linux command line, scripting, linux tools and basic services
- You sometimes wonder about the nature of elegant solutions, i.e. the compromise between readability, extensibility, resilience, simplicity and time
- You like to learn how things work
- You like to document your solutions for others to use
- You prefer uniformity and repeatability over quick "clever" hacks
- You want to help us improve our systems and processes in IT team and also contribute to other teams and the product
- You don't like bias towards good and evil tech, but have sound technical arguments for your opinions
- You are not afraid to embrace new ways to do things, even if they have a steep learning curve (kubernetes)
- You care about users (internal and external)
LIFE @ POWER FACTORS
We are an agile software development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. We are a collective of bold and ingenious talents driven by results. Our team is made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world a better place. We seek fierce and humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan.
WHY JOIN US
- A humble cause with a clear purpose – you will help us fight climate change with </code> every day at work. We aim to be environmentally conscious in all aspects of our operations.
- Work with passionate experts and top-talents in your field – we are proud of our highly skilled crowd and the savviness each of us brings to the team.
- Friendly and uplifting atmosphere – we believe kindness and respectfulness is core for our culture. A friendly smile or a helping hand is never far away.
- Flexible hours and workplace – it is the result that counts, not when or where. Our hybrid/remote work setup allows everyone to set themselves up for success and create a more sustainable work-life balance.
- All the benefits you expect (and more) – besides the basic benefits (adopted to local needs and norms), you will enjoy perks such as 8h of paid volunteering per year and participation in our Corporate Bonus Program (to name a few).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.