Technical Manager, Scada (Remote or Hybrid in Greece)
ABOUT POWER FACTORS
Power Factors develops software that accelerates the global energy transition by empowering all renewable energy stakeholders to collaborate, automate critical workflows, and make the best decisions. Power Factors fights climate change with code.
Power Factors has incorporated its four flagship solutions Drive, Greenbyte, Unity and BluePoint to build an integrated suite of open and smart apps. These apps are purpose built for asset management, field service optimization, and performance optimization. Leveraging the domain expertise and machine learning-based advanced analytics within these apps, customers can maximize the value of their renewable assets to stay competitive.
Power Factors’ renewable energy software platform is one of the most extensive and widely deployed solutions in the market with nearly 200 GW of wind, solar, hydro, and energy storage assets managed worldwide.
Learn more at powerfactors.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are now looking for a Manager, Technical Project to complete our dynamic global team. As a part of the Implementation Services team, your mission is to deliver a premium end-to-end integration experience to our customers. We are responsible for implementing new renewable assets, such as wind or solar sites, onto our Platform. We also take care of the operational environment for the implementation process and data ingestion infrastructure.
We are made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world better. We are a very international team spread across multiple locations, with a team spirit that is truly hard to beat! We work with agile methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will face a variety of tasks related to the integration and implementation of renewable energy assets and their data into the Platforms. Typical implementation-activities involve interacting with our lovely customers to gather all information needed, setting up connectivity between the renewable energy site’s SCADA system and interact with the Implementation Engineers who configures the assets and their data signals in our Platform.
It goes without saying that in this role you’ll get to know the renewable energy industry and are able to develop your skills further through internal and external learning events.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Process questions related to problem-solving or new requirements
- Analyze new requirements and escalate them to internal teams for implementation
- Design the flow for new control applications
- Develop application studies for new monitoring installations
- Commission of automation equipment
- Supervise and deliver projects for buildings and telecom infrastructures using Unity Platform
- Provide remote troubleshooting help to on-site engineers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
We are looking for a team member that is proactive and communicative and enjoys being a part of a tight-knit team. You feel comfortable assisting customers in understanding technical integration and networking details and thrive in an environment where you need to find creative solutions to challenging problems in a fast-changing context. This means that you are efficient at managing multiple projects and portfolios of varying complexities and a driven by continuous learning and growth.
Specifically, we are looking for someone with the following toolbox:
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years experience as SCADA Engineer
- Good knowledge of digital, analog signals and wiring
- Knowledge of principle of operation of RES (Solar, Wind, Storage or Hybrid sites)
- Experience with Industrial protocols (MODBUS, DNP3, OPC, etc)
- Experience with PLCs
- Basic knowledge of Local Networks
- Experience with SCADA applications
- Experience with Linux OS, use of terminal and shell
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS in Electrical or Automations Engineering
Overall, we need fierce but humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan. Join us to fight climate change with code!
LIFE @ POWER FACTORS
We are an agile software development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. We are a collective of bold and ingenious talents driven by results. Our team is made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world a better place. We seek fierce and humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan.
WHY JOIN US
- A humble cause with a clear purpose – you will help us fight climate change with </code> every day at work. We aim to be environmentally conscious in all aspects of our operations.
- Work with passionate experts and top-talents in your field – we are proud of our highly skilled crowd and the savviness each of us brings to the team.
- Friendly and uplifting atmosphere – we believe kindness and respectfulness is core for our culture. A friendly smile or a helping hand is never far away.
- Flexible hours and workplace – it is the result that counts, not when or where. Our hybrid/remote work setup allows everyone to set themselves up for success and create a more sustainable work-life balance.
- All the benefits you expect (and more) – besides the basic benefits (adopted to local needs and norms), you will enjoy perks such as 8h of paid volunteering per year and participation in our Corporate Bonus Program (to name a few).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.