Director, Cloud Engineering & Operations (Remote)
ABOUT POWER FACTORS
Power Factors develops software that accelerates the global energy transition by empowering all renewable energy stakeholders to collaborate, automate critical workflows, and make the best decisions. Power Factors fights climate change with code.
Power Factors has incorporated its four flagship solutions Drive, Greenbyte, Unity and BluePoint to build an integrated suite of open and smart apps. These apps are purpose built for asset management, field service optimization, and performance optimization. Leveraging the domain expertise and machine learning-based advanced analytics within these apps, customers can maximize the value of their renewable assets to stay competitive.
Power Factors’ renewable energy software platform is one of the most extensive and widely deployed solutions in the market with over 200 GW of wind, solar, hydro, and energy storage assets managed worldwide.
Learn more at powerfactors.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced and driven Director of Cloud Engineering and Operations. In this role, you’ll be tasked with leading and managing a global cloud team at Power Factors. As a SaaS provider to the renewable energies industry, Power Factors develops and hosts numerous applications and services running across multiple clouds. In this role, you’ll be charged with bringing your vision and expertise on how we can best govern, operate, secure, and manage multiple cloud environments with various teams spanning around the globe – and then working to execute!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design, setup, and own governance of AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud environments.
- Ensure cloud environments are secured properly according to industry best practices and in compliance with internal security controls as set forth by the Information Security team.
- Control cloud costs with respect to revenue and look to optimize and reduce costs by working with other stakeholders from architecture and development teams as needed.
- Put procedures, infrastructure, and alerts in place to help ensure uptime SLA’s and SLO’s are met with all SaaS products running across various cloud environments.
- Lead, manage, and foster a global cloud team.
- Work with architecture and development teams on cloud architecture for SaaS applications
- Continue advocating and implementing DevOps principles such as automation and IaC across cloud environments.
- Help empower 100+ global developers to be able to deploy their applications and infrastructure to bring continued value to our customers while balancing cost and security.
- Lead annual Disaster Recovery activities for all SaaS applications to ensure RPO’s and RTO’s can be achieved and that backups are functioning properly.
- Work with sales, product, and development teams on emerging solutions and services running in the cloud with new and existing customers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
We believe you enjoy working in a purpose-driven organization and that you thrive in an environment where you need to find creative solutions to challenging problems in a fast-changing context. This also means that you are effective at managing multiple tasks of varying complexities, work well under pressure, and are driven by continuous learning and growth. Specifically, we are looking for someone with the following toolbox:
- Minimum of 7 years significant work experience with supporting and working in cloud environments such as Azure, AWS, and GCP.
- Experience leading and managing technical teams.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing secure and scalable cloud architectures.
- Strong understanding of cloud networking and data storage technologies.
- Knowledge of IaC technologies such as AWS CDK, Terraform, and Pulumi.
- Experience managing and controlling cloud costs to align with budgets and financial targets.
- Familiarity with SOC2 audits and ISO27001 certifications.
- Experience with CI/CD tooling and best practices including GitHub Actions and Azure DevOps
- Experience operating applications with uptime SLA’s and contractual requirements.
- Effective communication and leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience of working with developers and support teams to ensure availability and performance requirements are met.
LIFE @ POWER FACTORS
We are an agile software development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. We are a collective of bold and ingenious talents driven by results. Our team is made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world a better place. We seek fierce and humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan.
WHY JOIN US
- A humble cause with a clear purpose – you will help us fight climate change with </code> every day at work. We aim to be environmentally conscious in all aspects of our operations.
- Work with passionate experts and top-talents in your field – we are proud of our highly skilled crowd and the savviness each of us brings to the team.
- Friendly and uplifting atmosphere – we believe kindness and respectfulness is core for our culture. A friendly smile or a helping hand is never far away.
- Flexible hours and workplace – it is the result that counts, not when or where. Our hybrid/remote work setup allows everyone to set themselves up for success and create a more sustainable work-life balance.
- All the benefits you expect (and more) – besides the basic benefits (adopted to local needs and norms), you will enjoy perks such as 8h of paid volunteering per year and participation in our Corporate Bonus Program (to name a few).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.