Junior Product Operations Engineer (Remote in Greece)
ABOUT POWER FACTORS
Power Factors develops software that accelerates the global energy transition by empowering all renewable energy stakeholders to collaborate, automate critical workflows, and make the best decisions. Power Factors fights climate change with code.
Power Factors has incorporated its four flagship solutions Drive, Greenbyte, Unity and BluePoint to build an integrated suite of open and smart apps. These apps are purpose built for asset management, field service optimization, and performance optimization. Leveraging the domain expertise and machine learning-based advanced analytics within these apps, customers can maximize the value of their renewable assets to stay competitive.
Power Factors’ renewable energy software platform is one of the most extensive and widely deployed solutions in the market with nearly 200 GW of wind, solar, hydro, and energy storage assets managed worldwide.
Learn more at powerfactors.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The operations engineer is responsible for resolving issues discovered within our production environment, escalation triage, and proactively monitoring all of the systems and sub-systems that provide our application services. You will be part of a close-knit team that has a broad level of experience across the technology spectrum. Everyone on the team brings a unique skill set to the table and we all excel at being true technology generalists.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Maintain a thorough understanding of supported products and environments.
- Create and maintain knowledge documentation for operational procedures and resolution of system alerts.
- Perform change management in services and products configuration, provisioning and commissioning info-sets.
- Proactive monitoring of complex application and production environments.
- Receives and responds to system alerts via system monitors (email, mobile devices).
- Perform root cause analysis while working with a broad set of developments teams to understand the full scope of the issue.
- Assume full ownership of problems that have been reported from initiation through closure of the associated trouble report.
- Work with development engineers to understand underlying application environment.
- Work with product management to understand application scope.
- The ability to work independently on operations projects that are critical to the success of our team while still being able to maintain focus on day to day operational duties.
- You will be working with technologies like Cassandra, MQTT, Docker and k8s.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
We believe you enjoy working in a purpose-driven organization and that you thrive in an environment where you need to find creative solutions to challenging problems in a fast-changing context. This also means that you are effective at managing multiple tasks of varying complexities and are driven by continuous learning and growth. Specifically, we are looking for someone with the following toolbox.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- At least 2 years of experience in the above technologies.
- Good knowledge of Linux / Unix environments.
- Scripting skills in bash and good knowledge of shell utilities.
- Good knowledge of SQL: Ability to understand relational schema, write queries, understanding of joins and sub-queries.
- General knowledge of networking concepts.
- Good knowledge of Python, Git, Kubernetes.
- Jira experience is a plus.
- Go knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English and Greek.
- Be able to work in a team environment, share information, and work collaboratively with other departments (Technical and non-technical).
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, reliability, perseverance, patience, and flexibility are a must.
- Be willing to work remotely / home office on off-business hours if needed
Overall, we need fierce but humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan. Join us to fight climate change with code!
LIFE @ POWER FACTORS
We are an agile software development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. We are a collective of bold and ingenious talents driven by results. Our team is made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world a better place. We seek fierce and humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan.
WHY JOIN US
- A humble cause with a clear purpose – you will help us fight climate change with </code> every day at work. We aim to be environmentally conscious in all aspects of our operations.
- Work with passionate experts and top-talents in your field – we are proud of our highly skilled crowd and the savviness each of us brings to the team.
- Friendly and uplifting atmosphere – we believe kindness and respectfulness is core for our culture. A friendly smile or a helping hand is always near you.
- Flexible hours and workplace – it is the result that counts, not when or where. Our hybrid/remote work setup allows everyone to set themselves up for success and create a more sustainable work-life balance.
- All the benefits you expect (and more) – besides the basic benefits (adopted to local needs and norms), you will enjoy perks such as 8h of paid volunteering per year and participation in our Corporate Bonus Program (to name a few).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.