Specialist, Technical Support, SWAT (Remote in Greece or Spain)
ABOUT POWER FACTORS
Power Factors develops software that accelerates the global energy transition by empowering all renewable energy stakeholders to collaborate, automate critical workflows, and make the best decisions. Power Factors fights climate change with code.
Power Factors has incorporated its four flagship solutions Drive, Greenbyte, BluePoint and Unity to build an integrated suite of open and smart apps. These apps are purpose built for asset management, field service optimization, and performance optimization. Leveraging the domain expertise and machine learning-based advanced analytics within these apps, customers can maximize the value of their renewable assets to stay competitive.
Power Factors’ renewable energy software platform is one of the most extensive and widely deployed solutions in the market with over 200 GW of wind, solar, hydro, and energy storage assets managed worldwide.
Learn more at powerfactors.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To support our growth, we are looking for a Specialist, Technical Support to join our Customer Success team with a background in data acquisition systems. In this role, you will support our customers and our support team by resolving technical challenges involving platform issues, data flows, networking, communication failures, KPI calculations for the customers assets.
You will be working remotely and reporting directly to the Manager, Helpdesk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Troubleshoot and diagnose data flow issues from remote SCADA sites into the Power Factors Cloud
- Provide support for high complexity technical issues related to the utilization of powerfactor products including, frond-end and back-end data-related issues
- Collaborate and develop new workflows to improve the technical support activities in collaboration with product, advance analytics and knowledge management
- Reduce escalation to other teams by taking in hand the resolution of issues within the support organization
- Support customers with the resolution of tickets, via, Email, meetings or conference calls
- Take actions to reduce support back-log, improve ticket resolution time and customer experience
- Serve as technical expert of Power Factors with our Customers for data-related issues, such as data flow issues, KPI calculations and software logic
- Perform technical training of other support agents within the powerfactors organization
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
We believe you enjoy working in a purpose-driven organization and that you thrive in an environment where you need to find creative solutions to challenging problems in a fast-changing context. This also means that you are effective at managing multiple tasks of varying complexities and are driven by continuous learning and growth. Specifically, we are looking for someone with the following toolbox:
- Master’s Degree in any Engineering degree disciplin with focus on data
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical support role in the renewable industry or operations & maintenance (O&M)
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems, SCADA, and related applications technologies
- Knowledge of common industrial communications protocols like Modbus RTU/TCP, OPC DA/UA, DNP3
- Understanding of SQL Databases and cloud-based solutions (AWS / Azure)
- Knowledge in Freshdesk as well as ticketing workflows
- Ability to interpret networking, data flows and electrical diagrams
- Ability to solve technical issues by analyzing and interpreting data
- Knowledge of python or other tools to perform data analysis is a plus
- Good understanding of renewable energy sources: Such as Wind, solar, and energy storage systems
- Positive attitude and emotional intelligence that allows for clear, honest, and candid communication with broad range of team members and stakeholders
LIFE @ POWER FACTORS
We are an agile software development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. We are a collective of bold and ingenious talents driven by results. Our team is made up of hard-working, fun-loving people who are passionate about making the world a better place. We seek fierce and humble people to help us achieve our ambitious plan.
WHY JOIN US
- A humble cause with a clear purpose– you will help us fight climate change with </code> every day at work. We aim to be environmentally conscious in all aspects of our operations.
- Work with passionate experts and top-talents in your field– we are proud of our highly skilled crowd and the savviness each of us brings to the team.
- Friendly and uplifting atmosphere– we believe kindness and respectfulness is core for our culture. A friendly smile or a helping hand is never far away.
- Flexible hours and workplace – it is the result that counts, not when or where. Our hybrid/remote work setup allows everyone to set themselves up for success and create a more sustainable work-life balance.
- All the benefits you expect (and more)– besides the basic benefits (adopted to local needs and norms), you will enjoy perks such as 8h of paid volunteering per year and participation in our Corporate Bonus Program (to name a few).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.